Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Would you recommend the Liberty Gunboat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After hearing that only 5 turrets fires forward on that thing, it sounds pretty lame. Although I have seen the [NG]-Assault team doing great with it (with CAU8 >.>)

How is it really? Would a generic CAU4 work?
I have a CAU5 two Pulse/Three BR one I share.

Having only used it a few times, I csnt really say much, other than its good for stopping smugglers:D
The forward gun makes up for the firepower, if you're good at aiming it that is. It has a decent profile which is slim from the front. Use that to your advantage and learn to strafe.
Awesome kite-boat. Nice ship to fly, even if I'm no gunboat ace.
Well, I can strafe, npnp. But I keep hearing the Outcast Gunship'll always outgun and overpower ya.
' Wrote:Well, I can strafe, npnp. But I keep hearing the Outcast Gunship'll always outgun and overpower ya.
A single full OC turret Tridente is a headache for LSCs.

It prolly will.
I recommend it cause its OP
Well I like them quite a lot. So much I've actually had 2 over my time on the server (LNS-Bedford & LNS-Erie) both were plenty of fun.

The strange thing is I remember using the LNS-Bedford and hateing it. CAU II with mostly primes and a few missiles. And then I got the LNS-Erie. Which is basically exactly the same ship except AU IV instead of CAU II and I've killed many ships 1 on 1 with it. Includeing a few bombers from Rhienland and Pirate factions. And once even 2 Pirate bombers on my own. I swear that the LNS-Erie is better than the LNS-Bedford with almost no difference in loadout. Its odd.

I spose at the end of the day it comes down to how you use it. I personally don't use the forward gun but I know a few who do. I also prefer to have the dual missiles for tricky spots I also know people who don't.
My experience with the ship is thus.

NEVER be on the defensive, you must be on the offensive with smaller or distracted ships to be great with the LB GB.

I remember being unfortunate enough to try and stave off three Falcons at once. It didn't go well for me but I lived, just.

Your role as a LB GB is support anti fighter, NEVER EVER solo more than one or you can be in trouble. There are likely better Gb pilots than me, but I went solo against 2 Falcons and 2 Sabres, when I made a topic about it, I thought it was because I was bad. Then the community said I was lucky to live. LEARN FROM THAT.

LB GB = Support role, nothing more.
Well,I've had about 3 of them...and still have 1.
The forward gun is sweet IF you get good at aiming,and leading your target a bit,which is very tricky,especially as it only has about a 15 deg from center arc.
Most pilots prefer to have most or all battlerazors on GB's in general,however,I don't like the energy usage with that configuration.
I would recommend 1 or 2 battlerazors,and the rest primaries,with at least 1 if not 2 missile turrets that face aft,nasty little suprise for those that get behind you.
Another way to load it out is to have 1 battlerazor and missile turret that fire aft,and 1 set that fire forward.
Its good to keep the enemy guessing.
And I personally wouldn't go with anything less than cau5...your not a transport,so don't use it like one.
Pages: 1 2