Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Brave souls #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Here is the next release of the updated dsace for testing. You do not need to install it to play on the server. This is for testing and it still has some bugs.

YOU WILL BE KICKED BY THE SERVER IF YOU ARE USING THE PREVIOUS TEST VERSION. YOU MUST UPGRADE TO THIS ONE IF YOU ARE USING THE OLDER TEST VERSION.

Installation:
  • Download this ZIP archive: http://discoverygc.com/files/dsace_version7.zip
  • Put ZIP archive into your Freelancer directory.
  • Unzip it from inside your Freelancer directory so that the files are placed into the DATA\INTERFACE directory and the EXE directory. Alternatively move the files into place by hand.
  • Write better installation instructions and post them in this thread. Screenshots should be included.
Features:
  • Improved widescreen support.
  • Might allow people to connect to the server better (but NOT lower ping). This works by reducing the number of packets of information transferred from the server to the client at startup thus allowing people with bad connections a better chance of connecting.
  • Cruise animations for Crusaders/Templars and Valkyries/Wraiths (folding wings)
  • Automatically timestamps screenshots. When you press the "Print Screen" button and message is sent to the server. The screen sends the time back to the client and then orders the client to take the screenshot.
  • Shows actual number of regens on ships with more than 999 regens
  • Scanner data updates much faster
  • Selecting a different window while running FL in windowed mode no longer freezes the FL window
  • Turret zoom, Turret steering, and turret barrel-rolling is possible
  • Capital ships might not shake anymore when taking hull damage
  • Turn hud on/off and change its hostile colour to alternative ones. See Controls->User Interface for key bindings.
  • Keybinding for /showinfo to allow you to easily find player information. See Controls->Multiplayer for key binding.
  • The -noflighttext option does not exist anymore and the "mouse flight" text is removed always.
Changes in this version:
  • Widescreen is always enabled - even in non widescreen modes.
  • Desktop size of primary monitor is used by default. The -dx option has been removed. Display size may be overriden with the -dWxH option as previously.
  • Fixed a problem with cruise draining where the power drained too quickly if you changed from a small ship to a big ship.
  • Removed the equipment takes up cargo space -- for now. Don't argue the merits of this, it isn't relevant for this testing
  • Fixed -logappend and -nohud is no longer required as it is changeable in game.
  • Fixed crash when trying to transfer credits via the trade menu.
Some people reported that text and HUD are too big when using widescreen options - they look okay to me; please post screen shots.

The massively reduced "catch-up" speed when in formation is intentional. Reasons: to prevent abuse of a key feature in 4.86, to prevent certain types of PvP tactics and make multibox trade formations much harder.

Connection or ping or whatever are not changed by this dll but frame rate may be impacted. If you have this problem, please report the type of computer you have along with a description of the fault.

NB: A bunch of text pinched from Zukeenee. Thanks.

Known faults:
  • Resolution selection no longer works. Resolution can only be changed with the -dWxH option otherwise the main desktop size is used
  • Full screen mode seems to be borked and causes fonts to be too big.
Download link is <strike>broken</strike> fixed.
<strike>This one should work:

Download this ZIP archive: http://discoverygc.com/files/dsace_version7.zip</strike>
(and shame, but I can't connect to the server from workplace, so no chance to check anything except the widescreen)
[color=#FFFFFF]Filming Genesis will be a lot lot lot faster with the hide hud key! Thanks Cannon! It's amazing. The only thing that can be improved really is making the resolution selection work
Just tried it out, seems okay no cargo hold bug and keybindings for hud off/on and colour working i didn't got the chance to try out te showinfo button on player ship.
Tried out the hide HUD and change color and it seemed to work ok for abit, but for some reason it just stopped working for me. Checked the bindings and they're still there, so not sure what caused them to stop working.

Edit: all the HUD functionality came back after restarting FL. I tried just leaving the server to see if that would fix it, but it looks like a restart of FL is needed. I'll try to reproduce the issue.

Gytrash

Okay, using it now but for all that I can see it has only added problems
For some reason when going through JG and JH on my whale I get this problem
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38493835/screen65.jpg

And now in my list of stuff my text has for some reason gotten to the point that it no longer fits
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38493835/screen67.jpg
Before I was running it in 4:3 mode and the text worked fine.

Apart from these that I noticed in the first few minutes, nothing else stands out so far.
nice work:)
Resolution is annoying and seems to cut off a fair chunk from either side of my screen. Text no longer fits on screen.

I have a 4:3 monitor running at 1280 x 1024

Also, moment of total random, that I really can't understand...

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj86/...86/wtf.png

I got scanned, and the picture of the npc lassie (a certain miss Johanna Pardue, apparently) that was scanning stuff filled my screen completely. Also shows the HUD and bits of text being off the side of my screen.
' Wrote:http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj86/...86/wtf.png

[color=#FFFFFF]She's looking into your soul!

That said I had to override the resolution from 1366x768 to 1024x768. The former created problems with the the text as well as reminding me how dreadfully bulky is everything in FL...
Full screen mode seems to be borked and causes fonts and some NPCs to be too big. Who can confirm this?

Windowed mode appears to be fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6