Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So yes, transparency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hai folks,

my question stands rather simple for this beautiful day. First on a note, I do not really give much about it, just merely curious. Why are the sanctions invisible and the punishment itself is decided by few (and as they say overloaded) people, instead of community, which is by default hurt most by it?

I am not saying make the post with the OP visible so we can point fingers "He did it", its not like we do not know, we do most of the time.
Why not make the content public (to an extent, especially with some cursing / adult topics) and let the community vote on the punishment? People on forums are supposed to be a tad lil smarter then those who do not register here as was once pointed in a pinned topic and our opinion should matter. Transparency, control by people or their eventual decision making. Think taking this work away from admins so they can focus on anything else, but resolving sanctions.
Current oligarchy style is kinda shadowy, style of few people deciding about many, while the many have no way to determine the decision itself. I know its a private server, but heck you always talk about community and whatnot, so some reflection would be ossim.

Just a thought. Come hate me.
Srs post only tho.
Because people will flame each other there and mods/admins will have to ban more people. Also when people see that X reported the Y, Y will more likely hunt X for rule breaking.

It's better how it is this way and i like it more.
Less bans less qq.
Hide the names of the reporting one as far as I am concerned.
I know very well how this community it is and it won't work.
Oldschool is coolschool
What Zahas said.
It is an option, but unlikely that it is gonna work. People are just gonna randomly vote on sanction reports., and you would need to hold this vote active for some time, and that won't save much from the actual system. It would be almost the same time, just taking more participants.
Never being little suspicious where your sanctions go, when others or yourself mightve been sanctioned for it and others just go away freely? Or that some might not even be sanctioned...?
' Wrote:Never being little suspicious where your sanctions go, when others or yourself mightve been sanctioned for it and others just go away freely? Or that some might not even be sanctioned...?

Hmm, paranoid much? Just don't do stuff that will get you sanctioned.
I dont rat butt bout me sanctioned, but ive seen my friends sanctioned for really nothing and when we reported something same later, nothing happened.

- nah, put up, let vote, close and decide by some pre-set style.
leave it alone... there is nothing wrong with the way it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4