Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Cruisers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well folks the topic says it all pretty much. What is your opinion on cruisers that could be appropriate for Junkers? I could only put three choices in the poll, but the three cruisers I put up for opinions I think are all good choices for Junkers.

Now I am aware that some are against the idea of a Junker cap fleet, but I will fly caps and be a Junker, that is just me. I do plan on buying the IMG Albatross battlecruiser for a Junker char of mine because it looks junky and it looks cool.

So what do you all think and do you have any other cruisers that you think would be okay for Junkers?

Naturally for the IMG Albatross I voted that it would be okay.

I think though the outcast cruiser should be approved by an outcast clan, something along the lines of "Outcasts will only sell it to those Junkers who have smuggled lots of drugs for them."

For the RH cruiser I think this would be okay, but what i would love to see is a slightly weaker version of the Rheinland Cruiser for sale on that Junker base. It would be a ship that looks exactly the same but has less armor and power, because it was rebuilt from wreckage.

Just my two cents, what do you all think?
Actually, I would suggest a prison liner instead. Cruisers are really under-powered right now.
If you MUST have a cruiser, go with the RH pirate cruiser.
no to all, IMG is the nearest possibility.
The outcasts, in the rp of the destroyer, has retreated nearly every destroyer leased in the service to the Rogues, after they noticed it was more useful for their own war. So selling it to junker, who they consider even lower than rogues? not really.
Shiny new rheinland cruiser built out of scrap is out of question, I dont even think there is a need to mention why, but ill state it anyway.
Could you rebuild a new airplane from a crashed airplane?
Could you rebuild a tank destroyed in combat with the wreckage?

Junkers DONT have the plans of the cruisers, and even if they had, what can they do with piles of scrapped metal? It would take something like 3 cruiser wreckage to build maybe the armouring of an original cruiser - that is without any internal components (which, without the plans, they cant know how it looks like).
' Wrote:Could you rebuild a tank destroyed in combat with the wreckage?

Actually, you can. Israel was known for doing this after being attacked with Soviet-made equipment used by the Arabs in their various wars.

Anyway, isn't the Rheinland Pirate Cruiser sold on a Junker base?
' Wrote:no to all, IMG is the nearest possibility.
The outcasts, in the rp of the destroyer, has retreated nearly every destroyer leased in the service to the Rogues, after they noticed it was more useful for their own war. So selling it to junker, who they consider even lower than rogues? not really.
Shiny new rheinland cruiser built out of scrap is out of question, I dont even think there is a need to mention why, but ill state it anyway.
Could you rebuild a new airplane from a crashed airplane?
Could you rebuild a tank destroyed in combat with the wreckage?

Junkers DONT have the plans of the cruisers, and even if they had, what can they do with piles of scrapped metal? It would take something like 3 cruiser wreckage to build maybe the armouring of an original cruiser - that is without any internal components (which, without the plans, they cant know how it looks like).

All great points, and this is why I posted this. Keep the opinions coming!

' Wrote:Anyway, isn't the Rheinland Pirate Cruiser sold on a Junker base?

Yes, the base in omega 15
yeah, bad example then. But I mean, comon, this is a military cruiser we are talking about. I doubt you can anyhow rebuild it at 100% it's orignal capacity - or even shape for that matter, without plans - and I dont think Daumann or the military would just sell them to a Junker, known to be very near the pirates.

Rheinland pirate cruiser probably the best option.
But as I mentionned before, I just dont understand why a junker would need large warships. Their goal should be a bit like zoners, maintaining maximum neutrality to make a maximum of profit, and building/buying intimidating warships...?
Well, the Pirate Cruiser seems to be the best option, for defensive and deterrent purposes, but they shouldn't be used much, since Junkers have no real enemies... flying ta cruiser around is likely to cause hotilities.
I heard Doom was trying to do something about that disgusting Albie - so I can't vote on anything untill a package of new models hits the mod.

However, If the mod was never to change again - I'd be glad to give the Albatros to the junkers. It's simply a piece of junk.
' Wrote:maintaining maximum neutrality to make a maximum of profit, and building/buying intimidating warships...?

My main reason is keeping in tune with what is said in the Junker info. We are more powerful than many realize. Think of it, people just think we are all fighters but with ships like this we are going along with being more powerful than others realize.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5