Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Well hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought i'd make a quick post saying hello to the community.
I hope to see you all in space very soon as i am, at the moment, deployed to Afghanistan with 3/2. (i'm not a marine, i'm a corpsman.(that's a medic))
I'm actually pretty close to coming home, should be back around the 19th this month, and i was looking around at different things that i missed, while looking for a game that would hopefully sake my lusting urge for Freelancer ever since i stopped playing, i found Discovery. I have to say i'm extremely excited to start flying in this amazing new universe.

I was able to aquire a copy of freelancer from one of my marine's hard drives (i used to own it but didn't bring it with me of course) and started playing. As my online usage is very limited where i am at i was forced to do a few favors to the communication marines in order to get a copy of dscovery. Sadly though i was only able to get a working copy of 4.84. Which is honestly fine, i love it. I've been having so much fun exploring the new areas and can't wait to get on your server and have some real fun.
i'm just not looking forward to starting all over again >_<

i will give you a brief of what i am planning just so that if there are any issues with it someone can let me know.
I've always been partial to the corsairs. I used to play a vanilla RP server and i was always a corsair pilot. I plan on doing the same here, i dont know just something about them i like a lot. (plus that new bomber of theirs looks SWEET!)

So there you have it I hope to see you all very soon and in the mean time i'll be flying solo in my spare time while trying to get onto the forums and get to know everyone.

tl;dr - hello, joining soon, deployed Afghan atm, playing SP for now, loyal to corsairs.
Welcome brother.
Greetings

Play fair, ignore the trolls and most important: Have fun !
Thanks for the link manuel smith but i've already read them ^_^ this isn't my first rodeo, as i've said, my first FL experience was a RP server. I know the importance of reading the rules. But again i appreciate the willingness to help, thank you.
Also thank you everyone for the warm welcome. hope to see you all soon.

EDIT: Quick question. I plan on (as i said) going the corsairs route so once i join i'll /restart corsairs. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what system and what planet/port i will be starting in. I just want to know so that i can use this info for roleplaying purposes in the watering hole until i get home.
OORAH! YUT YUT! DEVIL DOG! KILL!

.... Oh Corpaman? Navy?

Oh he helps Marines:)

OORAH KILL!
' Wrote:OORAH! YUT YUT! DEVIL DOG! KILL!

.... Oh Corpaman? Navy?

Oh he helps Marines:)

OORAH KILL!

Corpsman of marines, that would be Decil Doc!:D

OORAH SAVE! lol
Howdy, Welcome to the Disco.

That Corsair restart'll put you on Planet Crete, in Omicron Gamma, if I'm not mistaken. That being said, very few people bother a great deal with restrictions on character movement. Barrier Gate Station and all the Freeports cater to pretty much anyone. So if you can justify your character being somewhere, it's perfectly fine.

Good luck in the sand, hope to see you in-game shortly. Damn it, now you've got me wanting to RP a medic.

-Commissar.
Did you play on UKserver way back when? I recognise the name, though it may just be coincidence. Welcome to the madhouse either way!
I dabbled in the UK servers for a while around 2005-2006, I honestly hit almost every server i could. Most know my name due to the fact that I (i know this sounds vein) was one of the better pilots back in vanilla. And when everyone was all about using Eagles, i owned the skies above crete with an iron fist and a rock solid Titan. There weren't too many people that could beat me in a dog fight. Though not the best, i was pretty good. The titan is why most people took me for granted, that and the fact that not too many used mines as efficiently as i did ^_^. Which i suppose is why this rp server is so very appealing to me, it's not just about skill. My titan wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against some of the gunboats i've seen.
Well thanks for the info and all the warm welcomes, as of now i'm flying out of my A.O. in 3 days and i'll be back stateside on the 19th. Hope to see you all there. Time for me to get some RP in on the forums before i get home. ^_^
Pages: 1 2