Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thruster Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, my problem is as follows:
On most snubs, when I bank upwards while thrusting, the thrust-smoke-thing pops up right into the camera, causing a short, annoying moment of FPS-drop.
So, my question is, would I be allowed to remove the thruster effect from my files, or would that give me an advantage over other players? Because right now, it actually give me a disadvantage. And, could anyone help with the removal of the effect if turns out to be permitted?
Go to Options/Performance and see can you find there something to turn off that will help you...
Anything that doesn't change item stats, costs, weapon hardpoints etc is fair game. So anything graphics related is fair game.
Not exactly... Camera distance changes are not exactly legit as well.

Are you sure it's the smoke and not the sound effects that are causing the lag?
Yeah it's the smoke. And Neo's (obvious) point actually did work - probably in a way he didn't really mean.

All I gotta do is turn down the effects, dock, undock, turn them up again, and everything is back to normal. Except the thruster, which stay un-effected.
' Wrote:Anything that doesn't change item stats, costs, weapon hardpoints etc is fair game. So anything graphics related is fair game.

No, not quite really. You can easily gain advantage by changing graphics. So unless it's approved by Cannon, it can be defined as cheating.