Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What to do with all this deployment money?...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey so when i get back my wife is giving me the go ahead to buy whatever i want so i now have a $7000 budget for my next computer!
HAHAHA!
i'm planning on getting max performance on everything (building it myself of course)
and was wondering if you guys knew of anything good coming out (hardware wise) that i should look out for.
Top performance only. I'm planning on getting a motherboard that supports 3 (4 if it's possible) GPUs and i'm gunna go buy 3 (or 4) Nvidia 590s ! WOOT! ( i know sli isn't possible with that many cores yet but when it is i'll be first in line:D)

i can't wait it's gunna be epic.

so what i need is input on what is currently out (or about to be out) that is absolute, no expense spared, top of the line, super holy s**t kinda stuff.
' Wrote:Hey so when i get back my wife is giving me the go ahead to buy whatever i want so i now have a $7000 budget for my next computer!
HAHAHA!
i'm planning on getting max performance on everything (building it myself of course)
and was wondering if you guys knew of anything good coming out (hardware wise) that i should look out for.
Top performance only. I'm planning on getting a motherboard that supports 3 (4 if it's possible) GPUs and i'm gunna go buy 3 (or 4) Nvidia 590s ! WOOT! ( i know sli isn't possible with that many cores yet but when it is i'll be first in line:D)

i can't wait it's gunna be epic.

so what i need is input on what is currently out (or about to be out) that is absolute, no expense spared, top of the line, super holy s**t kinda stuff.

So.... $7000 to build a computer with hmmm?

First thing I'll say is get it custom built, don't go for a 'brand name' computer.

However, having said that, there are companies out there that specialize in building 'super computers' with all of the bells and whistles you could ever want or need.

The next thing is, research, research and more research.
The more you do, the more likely it is you are going to end up with a beast computer that isn't going to suddenly have a heart attack and die on you.

Ignore the 'this brand is better than that one' thing.
I like Intel CPU's and AMD video cards, other people prefer AMD CPU's and Nvidia video cards or any mix of the mentioned items.

The only real difference between the two CPU's is that the AMD has a tendency to run a little hotter than the Intel, but these days it doesn't make much of a difference.

Have a look around and see what is out there, buying the very latest gear isn't always the way to go as some people found out a little while ago. Something to do with 'Sandy Bridge', I believe.

As far as getting 3 video cards is concerned..... I wouldn't bother. With the video cards on the market today, two of the top end video cards will be more than enough.

I'll have look in the latest 'Atomic' when I crawl out of bed and see what they have to say about the 'latest and greatest' gear.

I'll back to you then. lol
i realize the 3 video cards (totaling 6 cores) is way more than enough. I want more than more than enough i want TOO MUCH!
If i could mount 4 CPUs in one computer i would! lol
the only thing i'm gunna spend this money on otherwise is a gun so if i can't get that cause i spent all the money on a computer then no big deal. ^_^ i'm so freaking excited!