Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pinned Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yay. Me again. Annoying the crap out of higher ups!

Anyways, I surfed through forums, and saw huge amount of pinned threads.
What I would be suggesting, is making fewer of such threads, but presenting more information in them.
In such way, not only would the important notices and information held more centralised, but the forums would look more tidy, as the more pinned threads there are, the less of regular ones are visible.
Pinned threads also appears on search results, and spams the list of threads, which contain search words. Having fewer of pinned threads, would also let more conveniently use search function.

This includes Official Factions subforums, where some faction chooses to pin lots of threads. Which essiantly spams search results the most.

Discuss?

Oh, and if this get a green light, I could help sorting out those threads and providing contents, as I love clean forums. :nyam:
The reason there are so many pinned threads is because there are several pinned threads in each official faction section. I don't see them doing any harm (I don't care about any of the points you mentioned above).
' Wrote:The reason there are so many pinned threads is because there are several pinned threads in each official faction section. I don't see them doing any harm (I don't care about any of the points you mentioned above).
I am not taking main concern on official faction's subforums as it is sort of leased property of their own.

Also, if somebody doesn't care at all too, don't sweat in writing anything. I think it is completly not necessary :nono: