Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tidying Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So this little project started over in the Tutorials board when it was discovered that the board was choked with pinned threads. It then moved to the Rule Violation report thread in the interest of cleaning up and making the pinned threads there more concise.

So, I figure, why not keep it going? It's become apparent that the moderation team doesn't always see that threads or boards on the whole need a little tidying up when we're focused on keeping the content of those threads on the level. That's where you guys come in.

If you see anything while you're out and about on the boards that you think deserves a little love or is in need of a little tidying, throw a post in here (or PM me, of course) and we'll chat about it. I'm gonna be keeping an eye out and throwing things to my fellow mods to work on keeping this place tidy and organized, and of course, we'd love to have input.

What I Can Do:
  • Move/Merge/Split threads and posts
  • Pin/unpin topics
  • Make posts invisible
What I Can't/Won't Do:
(or what isn't an appropriate request for this thread)
  • Create/remove subforums
  • Moderating trolling/rule violations through this thread - Go post a violation report in the reporting section. We'll deal with it through there.
  • Moderating faction subforums - there's a specific thread for that in the Faction forum. Use it.
And, just for the sake of not making the existing poster in this thread look silly, here's the OP for the thread when it first started.

Quote:So, I can't say I come by the Tutorials and Support board much, but it struck me last night after Marburg linked me to a thread here, this board has a ridiculous number of pinned threads. In the interest of cleaning up clutter, I (and the other moderators, if they feel like it) am going to be working over the next week or so to condense, compile, or unpin the information as necessary that are in the currently pinned threads.

Most of the stuff here is still good and relevant information, but I think it can be organized in a way so that we can see more than five or six regular topics at a time.

That said, as I start working on moving things, if I do something that makes you scratch your head, or if you have suggestions as to how to organize things better, either post here or shoot me a PM and we can chat about it. I've got some ideas, and for certain things I might need a little assistance to sift through some of this information.

Also, I'm unskilled with this moderator thingamabob, so apologies in advance if I break things.

Read: Gheis will most likely break things.

It was just pointed out to me that the image I posted actually broke forum rules. Whoops, sorry about that. To keep mike's post in context, the text on the image was:

PARDON OUR DUST
Even our catgirl labor needs to take a break.
[Image: 20061107_379_catgirl.jpg]
** found this one cleaning under my desk**

noted Gheis, I wish you good luck with the enormous task.
When I was here I put all the tutorials in here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29561

Let me know if you need help with the moderator toys.
Yep, I'm gonna keep that thread up there mwerte, and probably shove some more threads in there. it'll probably become more like the miscellaneous tutorial thread.

And you might see a PM or two from me, depending on whether or not the rest of the boys can answer my questions.
Please compile and condense all the pinned topics in the Rules Violation Reports section, its a mess and a few things are repeated or are only a few lines.

EDIT:

Example #1
Example #2
Example #3

They can be merged into either the Sanction Report Template, or create a new compacted, direct and updated thread for the purpose of improving report information and efficiency.
I'll take a look at it when I'm done here.
Mmk, done with the organizing. Again, if there's any material that you think needs adding to the directory threads at the top, just gimme a holler here or on PM.

Isn't it nice to have a little elbow room?
I think that aerelm's Guide to "Easy Repping" deserves to be pinned in here (bow)
I do as well, but I think i remember aerelm specifically requesting it not be pinned for reasons of incompletion or something akin to that.

It's still valuable never-the-less, so I'll put it in the tutorial directory.
Ah, at long last, some love for this subforum.

While you're at it, how about pinning this thread:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70122

It's very useful for those of us who like to pimpship.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5