Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber role modification / adjustment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Bomer needs bombs. That's all. Like mines, just bigger. Much bigger.

Dropping a mine at a big bad moving capital is not easy, but hey - it's not easy to be a bomber pilot at all. So, use big bad mines, akka bombs. Drop 'em on battleships big bad turrets. Or on big bad shield generator. Or... well, whatever you wish. That's what's bomber for. PRECISION BOMBING.

Pls, don't del snac completelly. Make all SHF ships civil and give them mini-snac (or maxi-razor, name it) just for insta-kill. Insta kill is nice. Don't let Silver and her kind disappear from Sirius.

Of course, mini-snac should not be good for insta-killing other SHF... ;)
The SNAC is about as close to a dropped bomb as you'll get in 3-dimensional space. Sure, it's accelerated by the gun instead of gravity, but you're trying to hit moving target at a kilometer in three dimensional space.

Truth be told, bombers are most realistically comparable to motor torpedo boats (PT boats).
' Wrote:The SNAC is about as close to a dropped bomb as you'll get in 3-dimensional space. Sure, it's accelerated by the gun instead of gravity, but you're trying to hit moving target at a kilometer in three dimensional space.

Truth be told, bombers are most realistically comparable to motor torpedo boats (PT boats).

Then why arent they using torpedoes?
' Wrote:Then why arent they using torpedoes?
[url=http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/ANC-2_"Nova"_Antimatter_Torpedo_Launcher]Actually they are[/url]. They're all torpedoes.
And how to do PRECISION bombing at 1k? Or even more k with a torpedo? It is sniping. Sniping is for cruisers.

I'm talking about standard guided mines, just more powerful and bomber exclusive. Mine hits a spot very good, so big mine hits it better. I say weak spot, like shield generator, like turrets... You forgot you can aim weak parts of the ship? You all hit just a hull? And you need a little bomber with a death-ray to hit it?

No, you need a death-ray to deal with both fighters and capitals. Me too, and I don't like it, it's not RP. No ultimate ships. Fighters kill bombers, bombers kill BS, etc...

Death-ray like snac is just a hull-demolisher and is good for insta killing VHFs. It is so fun! But it's not a bomber's job, it's job for SHFs. Make SHFs available for all. Make it civil. Please.
Paper-scissors-rock huh?

No thanks!
The whole bomber thing must be thought outside the reality we have here. No gravity, no air, nothing.

Also, tech is lil advanced.
One major problem is, Missiles and Torpedoes are really, really hard to use on such a large server.
' Wrote:The whole bomber thing must be thought outside the reality we have here. No gravity, no air, nothing.

Also, tech is lil advanced.
So, if we have no gravity or no air, we can't have precision bombing too? Why? Because buying new BS turrets would be expensive sport?

Cripled BS is cripled BS, so it docks if possible. It's better than killed BS. Advanced tech is exactly to criple more and loose less.

My thoughts abot lil changes:

1. Snac is halfed, so it goes exclusive for SHF.
2. Big slow bomber Inferno replaces snac, like standard Inferno, just doubled: 1040; 49,500; 0.20; 1260m; 280m/s; 18,200; $10,000,000.
3. Nuclear bomb (bomber exclusive): 75,000; 37,500; 60m/s; 100m; $4,000,000; $10,000; (acceleration must be half lower than on fighter mines).
4. Nova torpedo keeps it's bugs. It could hit, but not every time.
5. EMP bomb? I don't know. Maybe.
' Wrote:One major problem is, Missiles and Torpedoes are really, really hard to use on such a large server.
True. In huge, group fights, even the CDs sometimes doesn't work because of lag, and It really annoys me. But meh...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7