Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: House Elections and the Player Base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would in-RP party elections withing the Disco Houses ever work? If I remember right, there was some effort at such a thing in Liberty long ago, don't think it worked out.

Either way, if there ever were elections to take place in the Houses of Disco, how would they even take place?

Fully open poll? As in open to everyone in the community.
Semi-closed poll? As in only Bretonian faction players can vote. E.g. all allied factions FROM the state.
Closed-poll? Only faction top members can vote.

It is a difficult dilemma to me, can elections within Disco ever be 'free and fair'? In-RP but requires playerbase attention.
I think the semi-closed poll would work best.

But I think the issue is like communism, it's good in theory but not in practice.
Hardly is it possible. Since most votes would be for players, rather than characters, imho. Bias etc. Also, Liberty is corrupt... :laugh:
' Wrote:Also, Liberty is corrupt... :laugh:
Pffffttt.... what are you, a member of the LRF?

(But yeah it is)
' Wrote:Pffffttt.... what are you, a member of the LRF?
(But yeah it is)
Nah. Just CEO of Interspace Commerce.
I shall insert my desire to become PM of Bretonia... somehow if there ever are elections:lol:

Workers of Bretonia Unite!

*note to self, assassinate Alvin & Dab... blame Gallia.
Nope, too much power mongering.

The Official faction would have the final say

And thats just not fun.
Hehe, I see what your doing Fletcher.:DWe should create something like the 'Organization of the Sirian Leftists'.:P
Heh, I thought about posting this though as I was typing up my Syndie thread:P
Well, I would imagine it would work in a set-up similar to that of the Bretonian Parliament. Some Indie representatives of certain factions, and some faction representatives.

Perhaps you could talk to Dab about your idea. Try and apply for a Planetary seat, being the representative of this political party you're making.
Pages: 1 2