Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Starting a Freeport 1 Defence Char
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never had a Zoner character before, but I keep overhearing many drama rumblings at Freeport 1 and I want to have something different.

Before I start writing a bio on my new character Edison Rowlands, what things should I know? Relations with any helpful characters/factions and who I should keep an eye on would be handy since I'm unsure where or who to ask about this stuff.

Wait, now that I recall, Dane Summers is administrator of the place right?
Yeah, I am

Feel free to Skype me if you want.
Being a Zoner is boring. So ye.
' Wrote:Being a Zoner is boring. So ye.

Only if you allow it to be.
Good thing I posted this in General, otherwise it'll turn to Zoner Zoner, so yeah any more tips?
The neat thing about FP1 is that you can play the defenders in many diffrent ways. If ya look at the infocard, FP1 has been one of the more peaceful, civilian freeports out there, so it could be interesting to play an old timer who doesn't have much combat experience (inRP) but has recently come out to defend his home. On the other hand, so much shizniz has happened on disco surrounding FP1 that you could just as easily play a battle hardened veteran, coming home from the far omicrons or something, who is in general a border worlds badass. I mean, you could even do a Bretonian Retiree, coming to FP1 to escape the carnage of the Tau war, only to find his new home just as war torn as the place he just left. The variety is really cool, so it should be awesome. Other than that, talk to Dane and Tigger, which I'm guessing you've already done.
Best o' luck fletch.
Don't be surprised if Cap8 jinks and Order ships mixed in with [FP1] is my tip.

We got it all man...
' Wrote:The neat thing about FP1 is that you can play the defenders in many diffrent ways. If ya look at the infocard, FP1 has been one of the more peaceful, civilian freeports out there, so it could be interesting to play an old timer who doesn't have much combat experience (inRP) but has recently come out to defend his home. .
I was a actually thinking of getting with Dane about updating the station's infocard to more accurately represent it's current status, instead of that of 20 years prior.

I could write more, but on iPhone, so I'll wait until I'm home.
Sure Dab, just lemme know what you have in mind.

As for FP1 being peaceful - im sure it was, but player decision has kinda thrown that out the window.