Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question regarding TEch Chart and white/green/red cells
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, after looking the tech chart... Gallic Brigands have Bw ships in red cell, so, if, for an example we have a Scimitar full Arquebus in a merc or Pirate ID.... is that legal? i say, for faction permission i can have brigands stuff, and bw vessels are green to me, is legal to use brigand's guns in such IDed ship? is the red cell applied only to the character or is also applied to the ship the player owns?
Doesnt seem right to me.

If you're a gallic pirate, you shouldnt be using a borderworlds ship (which is produced in sirius, reportedly by an outcast-affiliated company). Similarly, if you're a sirius pirate, you shouldnt be using gallic weaponry.
' Wrote:Doesnt seem right to me.

If you're a gallic pirate, you shouldnt be using a borderworlds ship (which is produced in sirius, reportedly by an outcast-affiliated company). Similarly, if you're a sirius pirate, you shouldnt be using gallic weaponry.

no, i was meant with a generic Pirate/merc ID

(Generic merc/Pirate ID ->Scimitar-> Brigand guns?)
Double post, sorry
' Wrote:Doesnt seem right to me.

And as i told in the OP, we have faction permission, so, yes, we can use brigands weaponry, my question goes for such combination i told before.....
Jose, next time just ask me;)Yes your fine.
When using the Tech Chart you use the ID you are flying, not the ID of the tech you are using.

Indy Pirate ID is white cell to Gallic Brigands technology; so, yes, you can use their tech with permission.
Indy Pirate ID is green cell to Border Worlds stuff; so you can use it freely.

What you do need to watch out for is combining technology that is hostile to one another. That is a no no.
' Wrote:When using the Tech Chart you use the ID you are flying, not the ID of the tech you are using.

Indy Pirate ID is white cell to Gallic Brigands technology; so, yes, you can use their tech with permission.
Indy Pirate ID is green cell to Border Worlds stuff; so you can use it freely.

What you do need to watch out for is combining technology that is hostile to one another. That is a no no.

aha! a clear and straightforward answer for a change! thanks!

Please mods close the thread... the doubt is solved^^
Scimitar is a BW ship, Arquebus is a Gallic Brigand gun, if they are red cell, then no, you can not use them together.

It does not matter what ID you use, Pirate, Merc, Freelancer, Magical Flying Pony, doesn't matter. Border World ships and Gallic Brigands are red cell, you can't use a border world ship and Gallic Brigand guns together.

EDIT: Daedric is incorrect on this matter, this same type of thing has come up in sanctions in the past, will try to find it.

EDIT2: Looked, didn't find, maybe it wasn't in the sanctions, but it was mentioned somewhere by some admin.
' Wrote:Scimitar is a BW ship, Arquebus is a Gallic Brigand gun, if they are red cell, then no, you can not use them together.

It does not matter what ID you use, Pirate, Merc, Freelancer, Magical Flying Pony, doesn't matter. Border World ships and Gallic Brigands are red cell, you can't use a border world ship and Gallic Brigand guns together.
EDIT: Daedric is incorrect on this matter, this same type of thing has come up in sanctions in the past, will try to find it.

EDIT2: Looked, didn't find, maybe it wasn't in the sanctions, but it was mentioned somewhere by some admin.
You're thinking of the "can't use equipment of factions that are at war with each other" rule. Since the Outcasts and Brigands, are not at war with each other, it's fine, even if Outcasts are red-cell to Brigands (or vice versa).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5