Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NPC fighter balance.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i've hear from razr saying you need 3 Supernova to kill 1 Phantom fighter. and i've use my battleship's gun to test wild's wrath, wrath it has only about 11K hull, i have 10 turret it deals about 21K hull damage, so i can kill them with 1 shot if they don't have shield, but actually not, i shot at them like 5+ times and that wild's wrath's hull is not even down to 50%.....so i want to say..WTF?

I'v been said that you need 8+ Supernova hits to kill a KNF guard ship, the one that drops Elite Guard pilots.

Anyway, that is not so much of a problem.
Greatest problem I'v encountered is for low level ships.
Legionnaire Corsair NPC's are almost impossible to hit.
They are jumping across the screen, spinning around like crazy.
It took me like 5 minutes to kill one in a Dagger..
I don't think that should be like that.
One of the methods used to make the Guard NPCs stronger, is to multiply their hulls by something ridiculous....
One wishes they could be given better guns, and perhaps real armours, instead.
A KNF guard with a pair of DEFILERS could certainly be dangerous, without needing nonsensical armour.
As for the Lf....wish there was some way to make their flight patterns more human, instead of just 'better.'
I concur. Let's make NPCs deadlier, rather than last longer for no reason.
Deadlier??

Did you guys miss the expansive thread that was full of people complaining about the NPC's? as well as the poll on the same topic????

Deadlier? no thanks, i nearly lost a cruiser the other night to bounty hunter npc's.... it takes so damned long to kill one that the compound effect of 15 of the little blighters wore my shields away.... and don't even start me on the Freelancer NPC's.... i saw one of them mixing it up with a fighter, 2 gunboats and a cruiser the other night and the stupid thing still took more than 10 minutes to die.... When i'm in my fighter now and one of them comes onto my scanners i simply log out of the game... 25 minutes fighting a computer NPC is not fun ( i am not exaggerating the time) - and when 2 or 3 show up? no thanks

please the NPC's are just tedious.......
' Wrote:One of the methods used to make the Guard NPCs stronger, is to multiply their hulls by something ridiculous....
One wishes they could be given better guns, and perhaps real armours, instead.
A KNF guard with a pair of DEFILERS could certainly be dangerous, without needing nonsensical armour.
As for the Lf....wish there was some way to make their flight patterns more human, instead of just 'better.'
LFs won't bounce like that in SP. Its not the LF 'improvements' you refer to here. That is simply lag that causes them to jump and turn. NPCs in single player move very smoothly and normally. Drakes and Legionaires on multiplayer will jump around. My advice, avoid them and find a different target to shoot, even if it stronger, its much easier to hit.
Overly upgraded armor, usage of refills and weird - supposedly improved AI during combat. THAT'S what spoild NPCs. I do understand, that they are supposed to be a challenge. To skill and equipment however, not patience.

This might sound dumb, but I'd pretty much wish the NPCs flew just like in 1.0 Taking on a gang of Titans was hard enough even then. Yes they had some nasty accuracy, but why not? As long as they coud get killed.
' Wrote:Overly upgraded armor, usage of refills and weird - supposedly improved AI during combat. THAT'S what spoild NPCs. I do understand, that they are supposed to be a challenge. To skill and equipment however, not patience.

This might sound dumb, but I'd pretty much wish the NPCs flew just like in 1.0 Taking on a gang of Titans was hard enough even then. Yes they had some nasty accuracy, but why not? As long as they coud get killed.

That's what I meant. I don't want NPCs to have any unatural armour/shield bonuses above ordinary players, just for em to provide a good fight;)
I just think there are way to many of them and there should be a bribe for freelancers.

Other than that stop them ramming would be nice.
Another problem is - NPCs are like cylons - they aren't afraid of dying or being sanctioned/banned:lol:

And The rammming thing can't be fixed on the NPC side - the capships need t be fixed.

And how - I don't think we'll ever know...
Pages: 1 2