Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Being a pirate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hope this is the right place to put this. I am kind of new to Discovery and have just been trading and getting pirated. I see that having a Freelancer IFF while being a pirate is generally frowned upon, or so I have heard. What exactly would I need to do to start out doing this? I see no guides really ( or didn't look hard enough ) I am just kind of bored with trading and want something exciting. I understand the rules and what I should or should not do.
' Wrote:Hope this is the right place to put this. I am kind of new to Discovery and have just been trading and getting pirated. I see that having a Freelancer IFF while being a pirate is generally frowned upon, or so I have heard. What exactly would I need to do to start out doing this? I see no guides really ( or didn't look hard enough ) I am just kind of bored with trading and want something exciting. I understand the rules and what I should or should not do.
Freelancer IFF while being a pirate is not frowned upon it's just a small group people who like to make it look so.
Freelancer IFF is frowned upon only by traders and law enforcers. It is completely fair and the correct thing to do if you plan to be an independent pirate. Lawfuls hate it only because they can't see you as red dot on the scanners from 14K away.
Yup they can't find that you are a pirate in 14K away
I'm hardly in any legal sirius group, so yea, know some stuff about pirating.

Add me on skype for a quick tutorial if ya want: templar995
' Wrote:I'm hardly in any legal sirius group, so yea, know some stuff about pirating.

Add me on skype for a quick tutorial if ya want: templar995

Okay I had to reinstall skype so when I am done I will send you a message.
Freelancer IFF is totally okay and actually intelligent ( note the above ) as an independent pirate.

Also, as a sidenote, it might be helpful, though not necessary, to join a pirate group or faction. In most cases they will show you how stuff is done as a pirate and take you through the basics.

You can do so if you want, but if not it's totally okay learning yourself; the game is called 'discovery' for a reason.

oh, and good luck !
Pirating eh ?

2Mill r die is sufficient............for lolpirate

But I do it with style, I ensure people to remember my name, and my "generosity".
Never ask more than they can pay, make nice RP, and you'll hear "thank you" even after you pirating them:)
' Wrote:Pirating eh ?

2Mill r die is sufficient............for lolpirate

But I do it with style, I ensure people to remember my name, and my "generosity".
Never ask more than they can pay, make nice RP, and you'll hear "thank you" even after you pirating them:)

You're absolutly right!

The most part of independent pirates are boring.
They I do not know neither stories of Sirius, nor laws, and even the sense of humour at them is absent.

for the 2 posts above :

' Wrote:my pirate characters never perform acts of pirating as described in the scenario above. they always differ in an insgnificant detail, but the roleplay is still special. (sun)

and for the OP:

join a group. they'll teach you how it's done. everyone can use a few tips to start. especially when being a pirate.

besides - it's more fun when done in groups.

so here's my 2 cents.

get a pirate transport, run from bombers, gunboats and larger, but feel free to take on 2 unarmored transports at once. get a few shieldbusting turrets so that you dont waste time with deshielding a ship with hullbreakers.

and make a predefined message of a piracy request in case your target is attempting to flee fast. something like Allright, scumbag - drop all your gargo this instant! That includes nanites and shield cells. etc etc

have fun
Pages: 1 2