Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thank you for letting me on board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello I'm Silver-DNA.
I am new to gaming discovery so I might need a bit help to get started.
I have been playing fantasy RPG's since the early 80's, only once tried a scifi RPG and it has been a long time since I last played in such a manner. I might be a bit rusty in that but I see no problem there getting accustomed on the long term. ( I still searching for a way to find my style of RPG-ing a Discovery Freelancer character, but reading here the forum did bring a slight spark to my mind.)

My goal is to play by the rules and give others an RPG feeling that they can support or respect and having some interesting, hopefully on more even terms PVP space fights that have an epically quality that they remember a long time even if I lost for those that participated in. I think that it is necessary in such way of playing that both sides have fun in playing out all aspects in a bit of a balanced manner so each can have fun.

I tried the last week to get accustomed on a self made private Lan server; try out things, try to get into the rules and see how this and that works by the rules. Reading on Forums here a bit and there a bit and on the Discovery Wiki looking at the Tech Chart ect..
Before I will come to the official servers I need to get a bit more into the rules. (I think I violated more rules (mostly ID's and ID's related rules) in last week because I got carried away a bit in reaching a IFF's than is good for me on the official servers to be honest:$) I still need to find a balancing for this problem. Advice needed and required, please!
I'm still not sure if I got all the rules right so I need a bit of help with some questions.

Like is voice over IP necessary ?
(I don't like to have annoying voices in my ears that I have to set the volume lower, might be that I would be one of them too I fear:$)

Some ID's are giving me a slight headache because I still not fully understand some terms of rules, so I might need some explanations.
(sorry the next question might sound stupid for someone that plays regular and is more into the rules than me. I apologize )
Does the term "can or can not bounty hunt" refer to player's that have a set bounty on their head (1st) or on missions involving bounty (2nd) or on selling ejected pilots (3rd) ? .. I'm not sure, but would say it is the 1st if this is wrong please correct me because I'm a little bit rule confused now.:blink:

I came across some other questions but I forgot them but I 'm now happy to get answers from patiently members that are willing to help a new member into the rules. This would be:cool:

I hope get this all sorted out so I can start playing soon on the official servers and not violating the rules.
I just want to have a good experience that gives the others and me fun in playing.
:laugh:
So this is my little hello to this community.
Welcome to disco !

Don't be shy and post in the Help and Tutorial forum, if you have any problems, people will be eager to help you there.
Don't be frustrated, if you don't understand everything form the first moment on.

Have fun discovering Discovery !
Welcome, dear customer.
Welcome. Read rules, have fun.. That's why we are here, fun! :crazy:
Welcome aboard mate :D
Ok so, I'll try to help answer some questions instead of just saying hi:D

Bounty hunting refers to Player Bounty Hunting. Something that is organized here on the forums, you can find open bounties HERE --> http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showforum=55

I suggest reading the pinned threads in each main sub forum. It may take some time and a few mistakes, but keep a cool head, keep asking questions. And your sure to find this place is pretty fun;)
Thank you all for clearing some things up and the good advices.
It was really helpful and I appreciate it.
Welcome!

*looks at his sig*

You're german by any chance?
Positive I am German !
Anything you might want to propose ?

Bier, Apfelstrudel, Schnitzel, Pumpernickel .... perhaps for me ?:nyam:
' Wrote:Positive I am German !

Nice! One more Rheinländer. =D

If you still have any questions or like to get some hints and so on or just have a small talk,
you can add me at skype (that's what we mainly use for offline conversations.)

My adress is: narcotic235

I could also guide you to some factions (also some where mainly germans play), if you like to.

Regards,
Narcotic
Pages: 1 2