Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wiki info about Order wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/The_Order#Zoners:
Quote:The Order's main bloodline and alliance comes from the Zoners[/u], where the deal is mainly a protection one.
The Order has pledged to protect Zoner installations in the Omicrons, in exchange for Zoner help, Monetary, Economic, or otherwise.
Protect Zoners at all costs, they're the only link for the sustenance of the Order."

' Wrote:The wiki is not an official source of mod lore. Quoting it is rather stupid. I can freely log into it and edit it to support whatever argument I feel like arguing at that moment. You point me to a cannon source that says the Order is made up mostly of Zoners and I'll cede that point.
You have your answer in Daedric's post you just quoted.

There are no rights or wrongs in the Wiki and its articles can not be used as lore/canon/whatever.
It takes a player who has either/both a Zoner or/and a Order character to go in-game to confirm a wiki entry and thus your question. In the thread where this came up you vehemently claim to have both kinds of chars, imlplying even a number of them. You certainly count as one of the people best equipped to answer your own question.
If it's wrong, correct it.
Zoners are indeed our allies and supply us.

If a fp in omicrons gets attacked there is no reason why not to defend it.
Order is,notlmostly Zoner. There is,no "mostly" or "main" or snything. Its a hodgepodge of EVERYTHING.

Here, leme list characters from the Order, each with thier respective house to show how diverse it is:

Liberty - Rika Hunter
Rheinland - Eriksson Ravenov
Bretonia - Chris Leigh (Im sure...)
Kusari - Ayaki Miyoko
Corsairs: Santos Bolevara
Outcasts: Adriana D'Angelo
Zoner - Michal Golanski

Thats some of the major Order| chars. Its one of the most ethnically diverse factions of the server; only house we are missing, really, is Gallia! (Note to self; change that). Its diverse, and will always be diverse.

Also, bloodline can = lifeline. The Zoners are the main people who keep us alive.
Public to edit is a non-argument and anyone who uses it agrees to have themselves offed.

The wiki is not a valid source of information for two reasons:
a) information contained in the wiki is extremely decentralized and fairly unorganized, making updating information a huge hassle.
b) getting updated information is a huge hassle as there isn't an obvious place to get it from
c) it's annoying to have to change information in 30 places every minor update, and so people don't.

lrn2userlarguments, kthx.
So what does the lore tell about Zoner-Order ties?
I basicaly think wiki is very well written and there is good reason to paint the Zoner-Order-picture as it is painted there.

Regarding the Trigger of this request, to check wiki content, in the Discussion about Zoner-Blooddragon alliance:
Point is/was to find out what is happening to Order RP on the one server we all use. Is it according lore and in line with its history or does Order lead convert it to something else/new. (But that is not the Topic or question here!!)

It should be noted that Zoners themselves are ethnically diverse. The term Zoner is but a mere label.

Anyways, I'm sure you think that wiki document is well written and paints the Zoner-Order picture in a good light. It supports your argument. It, however, isn't mod cannon lore. Take a gander at the Zoner page, over 90% of it is player created lore and isn't mod cannon lore.

Don't use the wiki to build your arguments, role play, character history/lore or anything else from. It can and has been edited at will. Use of in game info cards is a far better choice.
' Wrote:So what does the lore tell about Zoner-Order ties?
I basicaly think wiki is very well written and there is good reason to paint the Zoner-Order-picture as it is painted there.
I find it amusing that the extract you're parading about (despite it not being a valid source anyway) doesn't even support your argument. "Protect Zoner installations in the Omicrons." The issue with the Blood Dragons happened in Chugoku, not the Omicrons. Even by your faulty reasoning using the Wiki, the Order still aren't obliged to help the Zoners against the Dragons.

/Pedant.

<div align="right]That section isn't even very well written.
Pages: 1 2 3