Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Players Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wonder why .
I think we should have some different players models to choose , not only Trent .
Is it possible to add Yuni or someone ?
' Wrote:I just wonder why .
I think we should have some different players models to choose , not only Trent .
Is it possible to add Yuni or someone ?

It was done in the past but got removed.
[color=#FFFFFF]I've raised that question before, (among other things I constantly raise). Apparently it could be done entirely client side, however I am not sure if the cheating protection would appreciate it. Then again it could just be hardcoded <insert Bill Jobs is dead, I hate Applesoft comment here>
It's kinda uncomfortable without a suitable model
While it'd be nice to see custom player models, and trent is getting very annoying to look at as of late, that would be purely cosmetic, and unless you spend most of your time on base bars <strike>cybering</strike>, it's not very useful.
You can already customize your uniform. I tend not to stare at Trent for very long. I always press escape to skip through the intro animations, and skip right to the bar/merchant or rumor.
It would be nice to have some custom player models :yes: for example look at Tides Of War - you can select there your desired character design in the game menu when you are creating a new character for the server.
That would be great .
But how to customize uniform ?
' Wrote:That would be great .
But how to customize uniform ?

I'm not sure, but I think, that there's an option when installing the Discovery Mod with FLMM.
There you can choose all the uniforms, which do exist in the SP campaign.
(Though, the face (of Trent) stays?!)

For changing them you need to reinstall it. (Your account will stay of course.)

Maybe just give it a try.
Deactivate the mod, then change uniforms when reactivating. Voila. New uniform. Most of them still use Trent's head, however.

(Also, FYI, deactivating and reactivating the mod -CAN- cause problems, though I don't really know why.)
Pages: 1 2