Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 200 million SC for a "shipdocu" script/app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to see a little tool/app that can read out shipequipment and/or -stats of the ship currently used by the Player and then translates theese into common names ("ge_s_scanner04" to "Discovery Scanner") and can then put them in a list for copy/past or in a *.txt or even a DB.

Ofcourse all Fame for this probably soon widely used little app goes to whoever makes it real. I just want to encurage it with a little ingame candy.
prize doubled
"of the ship currently used by the Player"

It's not possible for multiplayer, because the way to do it would be similar to hacking to get the infos. However for singleplayer it's just about reading the save file.
If I recall I used to using that one to edit SP data:
FreelancerSVE

and I think that it works too with data of multi BUT for Your own server
- where You have physical access to the files.

But that program show data of equipment, ship, ect in form: ge_s_scanner04, numbers...
' Wrote:If I recall I used to using that one to edit SP data:
FreelancerSVE

and I think that it works too with data of multi BUT for Your own server
- where You have physical access to the files.

But that program show data of equipment, ship, ect in form: ge_s_scanner04, numbers...
I know that the ships data is available localy because you can import some of your shipstats (like cargospace, cash) in FLCompanion realtime under Game>>Import fom running Game>>.

So its (most likely all) just hidden somewhere and available somehow without any need to change any files.
It would be a hack or in the range of a hack. The mod does CRC checks ( I think it's the method ? ) or similar to check the files on your client and make sure they match the ones on the server and are unchanged.
' Wrote:It would be a hack or in the range of a hack. The mod does CRC checks ( I think it's the method ? ) or similar to check the files on your client and make sure they match the ones on the server and are unchanged.

' Wrote:I know that the ships data is available localy because you can import some of your shipstats (like cargospace, cash) in FLCompanion realtime under Game>>Import fom running Game>>.

So its (most likely all) just hidden somewhere and available somehow without any need to change any files.