Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nice to meet you all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there, I'm Kanade Chan, and as you have guessed I am an Anime-o-holic like you all, and I want to bre...wait, thats not right...let's try again.

I'm pretty much a Newbie to the RP side of Freelancer, but not to Freelancer or RP it's self. I remember getting the game several years ago, it was one of my first computer games, mainly being a console game and I fell in love with it. After several years of playing I moved on, like any normal gamer, not knowing of Discovery. Fast forward a couple of years and I joined the Garrys-mod community (A modification of the Half-Life 2 game made by Valve.) known as Infusion Gaming, a serious role-playing community which I have been apart of for a year now. So I aint a total newbie to the RP world and know how to act like someone I aint. And now, roughly two days ago I thought 'Hey, Freelancer, I wonder if it still works on my computer.' And to my surpise it did which so I did a little victory dance to celebrate an old game working on my computer (Infact it's my oldest which still does so kudos to Microsoft for making it work.)

Well, here I am now, typing up a hello post, I don't like to show myself off to people too much, so I just explained how I got here. There is something I would like some help with, it's really what happens when you start off on the server and what I can be and such in terms of Houses. It would seem we all start off in one system (?) and we have to move to where we want to start off at really (?). And that we also need speacial permits to enter a system (Gallian permits, the place I wan't to really make my name, BUT WHAT SHALL I BE? NAVY OR COUNCIL? MUHAHAHAHA...). Theres also the ID system, I get how certain permits mean you can do certain things and have certain equipment and ships, but thats all I can get from it, so I need some clarification on that. I do get that ships can only really equip equipment of there own make (G.R.N Ships can only equip G.R.N Equipment and you need a G.R.N ID to do so.) as thats pretty obvious if you think about it. I guess I'm pretty much solid except for starting off and progression, as in do I have to be a freelancer for ages and slowly get intergrated into a group (Lets take The Council for Example) and then buy the ID or can I just do it like *Snaps Fingers* speed and be a member, just decide to be a Navyman or Brigand from the beginning?

Thanks for reading this, I hope to see you in space, which I will be so (I'm from the UK, but I aint sure wether to play on the UK or US server.) I just wanna get my feet on the ground about things to begin with so I don't do something stupid. I've probably said somehting stupid here but, hey ho, I got ages to learn. See you in space privateers, please don't kill me...pretty please.
First of all, welcome. Read rules, obey them and have fun.. Now to questions..

It would seem we all start off in one system (?) and we have to move to where we want to start off at really (?)

Well, I'm sure you are aware of FLHook. Anyways, there are few /restarts that can be used to speed up your repping and all that.. Just press "Enter" in-game like when you want to chat and type one of the following things:

/restart liberty (You spawn on same planet in same system as without restart, but you will have most house systems on your nav map)

/restart bretonia (You spawn on planet New London, in the New London system. Still adjusting your rep with Bretonians, and nav map is pretty same as other house restarts)

/restart kusari (You spawn on planet New Tokyo, in the New Tokyo system. Adjusting your rep with Kusarians, and nav map is same as other house restarts)

/restart rheinland (You spawn on planet New Berlin, in the New Berlin system. Adjusting your rep with Rheinlanders, nav map same as other house restarts)

/restart gallia (You spawn on err.. Not sure which planet/system.. But, you get Gallic rep adjusted, and all Gallic systems on nav map)

/restart outcast (You spawn on planet Malta, Omicron Alpha system. Adjusted rep with Outcasts, and you get an Outcast ID automatically. Nav map is a bit different from house restarts, It's same as Corsair restart. Most Omicrons on map + Omegas)

/restart corsair (You spawn on planet Crete, Omicron Gamma system. Adjusted rep with Corsairs, and you get an Corsair ID automatically. Nav map same as Outcast)

/restart freelancer (You spawn on Barrier Gate, Coronado system. Rep is mostly neutral, and you get Freelancer ID automatically. Most house systems on nav map.)

/restart miner (I don't know anything about this restart, you can go
here to find it.)
Also, when you use /restart command, your ship is changed to CSV (Except with Freelancer and miner restarts)

And that we also need speacial permits to enter a system (Gallian permits, the place I wan't to really make my name, BUT WHAT SHALL I BE? NAVY OR COUNCIL?

That's just made for the sake of RP. You can always enter any system, but you'll face RP consequences. Being GRN or Council is totaly up to you, but sure, Gallia needs more love.

Theres also the ID system, I get how certain permits mean you can do certain things and have certain equipment and ships, but thats all I can get from it, so I need some clarification on that.

That's what IDs are for.. Also, you might want to know what's IFF. That's the tag that shows before your name when someone targets you on the hud. And your IFF should match your ID, which is stated in the rules. Also, ID is more important then IFF, and not having ID is against rules.
Regarding which IDs can use which ships/equipment, you can check out
Tech Chart to see that.

I guess I'm pretty much solid except for starting off and progression, as in do I have to be a freelancer for ages and slowly get intergrated into a group (Lets take The Council for Example) and then buy the ID or can I just do it like *Snaps Fingers* speed and be a member, just decide to be a Navyman or Brigand from the beginning?

You can take ID as soon as you get your rep maxed out. Those who aren't in factions (Take 101st for example), and carry ID/IFF (Outcast ID/IFF) are called independant players (indies).

That's all. If you have anymore questions, add me on skype.
stefan_nikolic96
Welcome again and have fun.
Ahh, I see, thanks Stefz, that makes things so much simpler for me, thank you.
Always up for helping Discoveru lads. Have fun mate, and feel free to ask anything you want.
Ye, welcome!

People here will answer all your questions and help you, if you need help.

I hope you have fun !
Kinda just looking for a person to pilot up with and take me under there wing for now, I got everything working, I'm not fussed where I work or not, RP is supposed to be where I can snap from role to role on a starting charecter, design them from scratch. Just a buddy to begin with really, if ya see me on, I'm on the charecter Jessica_Chevalier.
Wow, Stefz gave all the important stuffs already:(

Remeber to play by the rules and have fun mate. Cheers;)
Kanade, I would be happy to help you, contact me over skype if you can (Teshurr is my skype name) and we will see if we can't help you.
Welcome aboard:)
If you need a wingman in any of the factions listed in my profile (besides SCRA of course:P) shoot me a PM for hit me up on skype friday (skype: oathkeeper136 )

Welcome to Discovery, have fun, and stay awhile:)

-J

PS: As long as you do not enter Omega 52, Omicron 100, Virginia, Alaska, or Braunshweig, I promise I won't kill you without a lengthy RP where you can talk me outa it (bandit)
Pages: 1 2