Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea on Battleships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Idea1

Thruster on certain Battleship

Osiris-Normal Speed+Thruster Speed=180~190 (lighest battleship, should have high speed.)

Dragon Battleship-Normal Speed+Thrster Speed=170~180

Liberty Dreadnought-Normal Speed+Thruster Speed=170~175 (about the same size with Dragon Battleship.)

All these battleship only have 12 turrets, other battleship have either 14 turret or 18 turrets. Trade off Turret slot with speed. reasonable IMO..

idea2

Hornet missile

High speed (400m/s~600m/s), low turn rate(1.0~4.0), but great seeking ability (seeker_fov_deg = 180). long range (2.5K~3K). slow refire rate(0.10). Low damage (500 hull damage, 500 shield damage.). Small explosion radius(10m) using CD slot, no ammo/energy require, 1 battleship at least have 10 of those missile launcher, max can have 14 (something big like Rheinland Battleship). No turning ability for the launcher (like the forward gun), it monutes at left side and right side of the ship, the way they launch like the VLS on the Missile Cruiser.

No thanks.
Err, maybe not.
i'm sorry for hijacking your thread lancer but you bring up an interesting idea of using the CD slot on cap ships.

would it work to bring back the swarm missle pod for cap ships as a anti-aircraft weapon?

i never got to use the swarm missle pod, i came in the version after it was removed. i remember people saying it was over powered and caused lag.

so, i'm just curious if it could be used as a missle array for the capships. since it's used in the CD slot there'd only be one per ship

high energy consumption so it couldn't be used on small ships and a slow refire to cut down on lag.

it might help big ships fend off fighters and bombers better, i know people have tried to come up with anti-aircraft guns before....this could be an option.

just another of Dreygon's ideas, do with it what you wish
' Wrote:i'm sorry for hijacking your thread lancer but you bring up an interesting idea of using the CD slot on cap ships.

would it work to bring back the swarm missle pod for cap ships as a anti-aircraft weapon?

i never got to use the swarm missle pod, i came in the version after it was removed. i remember people saying it was over powered and caused lag.

so, i'm just curious if it could be used as a missle array for the capships. since it's used in the CD slot there'd only be one per ship

high energy consumption so it couldn't be used on small ships and a slow refire to cut down on lag.

it might help big ships fend off fighters and bombers better, i know people have tried to come up with anti-aircraft guns before....this could be an option.

just another of Dreygon's ideas, do with it what you wish

that is a good idea too..and the point of my Hornet missile is....not trying to hit..just keep enemy busy.because battleship is a mobile fire support plantform.(of course hitting them would be the best..)..and swam missile..1 is far not enough..missile are too easy to dodge...and low re-fire rate...i perfer monute a CD on it..because my gun can hit fighter way better than missile can do...