Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Captain Song, freelance miner and trader, at your service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hail fellow pilots,

I used to be a small-time miner working under independent contract for Ageira Technologies to provide Pueblo Station with a steady income of Copper. The work was easy and the pay was pretty good, but Ageira didn't care much about looking after my safety. So after one too many run-ins with the Xenos, I sold off my old Startracker and managed to pick up a cheap old CSV from a Liberty Police auction (rumor was that it had been used for Cardamine smuggling before it was impounded).

I now pick up freelance mining and transportation jobs in Liberty space, but I'm open to bigger possibilities for the future.

Here are some of the statistics generated by my neural net hub:

Screenshots

See you in the skies,
Northern Song
... maybe i was a little RP-heavy for my first post:Pp

I loved Freelancer when it first came out, and played it mostly single-player (messing around with different mods, etc). I played through the campaign at least 2-3 times.

I just decided to reinstall it a few days ago, and this time I figured I'd play multiplayer, because I'd barely dabbled with that aspect of the game before. This looked like the best community around, so I signed up:)
Greetings Pilot
Welcome to Discovery
Best is a Relative term (dependes on one's tastes)

However if you enyoy A good game, Decent human beings ( 90% are human I belive) Team work and typing> Disco may well be the BEST for you.:)
Read rules and ask Questions and read this > Xoria's wonderful newbie guide
enjoy your Discovery time..

------redELF

ps I am very glad to see your 1st post here and not in the Sanction page (been a bit of a fad lately)
' Wrote:Greetings Pilot
Welcome to Discovery
Best is a Relative term (dependes on one's tastes)

However if you enyoy A good game, Decent human beings ( 90% are human I belive) Team work and typing> Disco may well be the BEST for you.:)
Read rules and ask Questions and read this > Xoria's wonderful newbie guide
enjoy your Discovery time..

------redELF

ps I am very glad to see your 1st post here and not in the Sanction page (been a bit of a fad lately)

I did get yelled at for "not role-playing" when I went to New York and tried to solicit a mining party of low-level pilots over the system-wide chat... it wasn't anything like "HAY NE1 WANNA GO SHOOT SUM ASTRODS LOL" but more like... "Freelance miner assembling group of young pilots for expedition to Colorado" and "I hear Manhattan is having a silver shortage" and stuff...

maybe that was too lacking in substance, or generic... or maybe I was just angering a veteran by using system chat :unsure:but it's a little intimidating, which is why I was so roleplay-heavy in my first post, really.
It actually GREAT to see someone so Willing to role-play. You will make a great addition to our server. Keep up with the good work.

Safe Flying and Good Hunting.

Verg
Welcome to Discovery!:P
yay a role player1

you will be a welcome addition!

I look forward to extorting and blackmailing you!

(ingame of course!)
Role-Play can be good sometimes, but bad in others. I'm thinking about making a freelance character soon and do some random jobs.

Anyway, Welcome to Discovery! Hope to see you around, if you want i might be able to help you with funding, cos i'm very nice:D.

See you in space sometime, i might meet you if you tell me your chars name/s:D.
welcome to discovery, very nice of you to rp, good effort you are doing!
I nearly forgot, but beware communist penguins, eh?
enjoy mod, server and community!
' Wrote:welcome to discovery, very nice of you to rp, good effort you are doing!
I nearly forgot, but beware communist penguins, eh?
enjoy mod, server and community!

I've seen a bunch of your sig banners up on the board-- great job on those:)once I get back from my trip to China, if I still feel like sticking with the game here, I might ask you to make me one at some point...
Pages: 1 2