Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sins of a solar empire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sins of a solar empire,
for me isnt that great
i have all the expansions

It would not be so bad if one match online did not take 5 hours.
Pro-tip for fun.

Name your first planet: Planet Manhattan.

Name all your capitals with a LNS-prefix.
--
The game is fun for a while but gets boring later. Also, one game takes forever. Online matches are difficult to finish.
I quite like the long game time. However, thats for singleplayer; I almost never do multiplayer.

The game gets fun when you play on cranked up AI dificulty in a really wierd map. Use system forge to make some cool ones.
if you are with friends then you could always make use of the save game feature, works in multiplayer too:)

I only play coop vs AI in multiplayer though, games will take literally ALL DAY against other people and I dont fancy wasting one day in a game lasting more than 7 hours:P

I do find it a great game though! I am looking forward to Gemini Wars when it is released. gameplay looks solid, the rest of the features they mention seem really good and im hoping it is a success (atleast until they release a full SoaSE 2 game with a campaign hehe)
http://geminiwars.camel101.com/
Beautifull game, I playing Sins of a Solar Empire Entrenchment, but only in single player because I don't have the game bought.
Anyone getting Rebellion when it is released?

im not sure if payikng £20 for a stand along expansion will be worth it for just a few new ships and copies of the old ships in other factions
It is over hyped, and unfortunately, like most not-great strat games, spamming units does work. That's where Starcraft got it right, spamming doesn't always work. SoaSE didn't get that right.

It's fun to play at times, especially at the beginning when everyone is trying to expand and has small and medium sized fleets trying to gobble up space. After awhile though, and after massive fleets roam around with giant 20-25 planet bombardment fleets behind them, it just gets boring.
' Wrote:Pro-tip for fun.
Name all your capitals with a LNS-prefix.

*squints eyes*
not sure is pro-tip or trolling.

i dont know if its me but, space strategy sim wise i have yet to find something that's anywhere near the hundreds of hours of entertainment i get from HW2, the only reason ive stopped playing HW2 is because ive literally played all the mods
' Wrote:It is over hyped, and unfortunately, like most not-great strat games, spamming units does work. That's where Starcraft got it right, spamming doesn't always work. SoaSE didn't get that right.

It's fun to play at times, especially at the beginning when everyone is trying to expand and has small and medium sized fleets trying to gobble up space. After awhile though, and after massive fleets roam around with giant 20-25 planet bombardment fleets behind them, it just gets boring.

Played it sometimes too but cannot say I got bored by it. Sure...I spent almost 8 hours with playing the game against 2 other players. But it was fun. Especially when you got the nice cruisers like Kodiak. My fleets are always build like that: Too much Battleships, several healing caps, 1-4 carrier, 1-2 Planet Bombardement Caps, and the other ones. After that there will be too much heavy cruisers (Kodiak for example) but a low number of the other smaller ships. I always won with a rush fleet like this and even against two players my fleet haven't had much problems to make it. (so much for spamming:P)

If it wouldn't take too much time, like mentioned, I would continue playing it. But for now....nah.
Pages: 1 2