Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Space is Dangerous - good luck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
This poll comes from the discussion HERE regarding cap ships and transports.

One of the issues that have been mentioned is that simply implementing the rule change that is in that discussion is that it's rather one sided. In the discussion, it was mentioned that there is, and has been discussion in the past, regarding simply dumping most of the rules regarding combat and replacing them with this simple rule.

"Space is Dangerous. Good luck."

There were discussions about this while I was still on the Admin team, and from the sounds of things, there are STILL discussions about it on the Admin team, with several members of the team supporting this rule.

Basically, what you would see is this:

The general PvP rules in Section 5 would still remain, with rule 5.3 modified to read:

5.3 - Characters with civilian ID's that are below level 29 may not be attacked in Pennsyvania or New York. Space is dangerous - there are no level restrictions anywhere else.

Rule 6.7 would be replaced with:

6.7 - Space is dangerous. Lawful cap ships are free to engage pirate and enemy transports, unlawful cap ships are free to engage enemy transports, but may not pirate them.

Rule 6.9 would be modified to state that for purposes of the trial run, combat restrictions as listed on the ID's for all ships - especially the no pirating for cap ship that is on all Guard ID's - would be ignored.

Note that all RP requirements STILL remain in effect.

EDIT: Changed rule 6.7 as per Blaze' suggestion.
Hell anythings worth a try. Just don't make it too long, if it turns out people hate the hell out of it they may stop playing until the trials over. And considering we seem to be slowly loosing players already it could increase it.
Don't forget to buff Transports so they can defend against capships while you are there.
Also allow Trade factions to fly any capship they would be able to fly if there were no ship restrictions on IDs.

Other than that I just feel sorry for any under level character that uses the restart command.:)
I've never been a fan of the protection of transports, and now pirates will be able to pirate in cruisers!

Having said this, battleships still need their snub-killing capability nerfed. I think this will boost the number of players playing as outcast/corsairs again though. Expect many ossies/ranseurs/scyllas pirating me thinks.

And no, transports sacrifice everything for cargo. Hell, anything over 3800 cargo shouldn't even have any more than one turret.

Oh, as for the level protection, IMO the level protection should be for level 39 and below in systems that have a /restart to them: New Berlin, New London, New Tokyo, New York, Burgundy, Alpha, Gamma, Coronado, and Pennsylvania.
Actually there is no reason why a trade ship would be limited to one turret except that you feel it should be.
There is nothing stopping engineers from strapping as many weapons as they want on transports.
Or armour for that matter, it all comes down to size and power plant.
In a world where criminals started attacking companies with tanks, it does not take long for the company to field it's own tanks.
Considering most companies have more money and building capability than most criminal organisations, all I could say is "space is dangerous".

Cruisers shouldnt have CDs in that case.

It is one thing for a Cruiser to attack a transport - but to intercept and hunt them down as well?

You will basically end up with a majority of piracy done in Cruisers.
' Wrote:Cruisers shouldnt have CDs in that case.

It is one thing for a Cruiser to attack a transport - but to intercept and hunt them down as well?

You will basically end up with a majority of piracy done in Cruisers.

You beat me to it.

Also, no pirate/pirating Battleships. California should not become the new Omicron Eta.
' Wrote:Actually there is no reason why a trade ship would be limited to one turret except that you feel it should be.
B-A-L-A-N-C-E

You have a serious problem. You consider everything you disagree with to be unreasonable, get a grip and get help.

And Echo, California is the new Omicron Eta >.>

Has been for a while. Everyone camps in the Trade Lane of Death (between Mojave and the NY Gate), it's camped at least 8 hours a day. And then there are the people who camp the Cortez gate (yours truely for example).
cruisers pirating ... OMG
Cool idea i agree with it, i have just the people in mind to annoy everytime
i see them in my vicinity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15