Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Officer D. Dusentrieb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...uploading data...

Trust is a precious item Mr Dusentrieb. I hope that I can earn some of your trust with the following picture.

[Image: proofwd.png]

Further information, such as the location of where [GST] purchased the slaves, exact position of the slaver, time of the event, etc will be released after I earn that trust.

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...
[Image: LPI-Header.png][Image: Dusentrieb.jpg]
<div align="right]Sender ID: LPI-D.Dusentrieb[O]
Sender Location: Fort Bush, New York System

Mister Yoshida,

I see you kept your word by contacting me.
However you are not meeting the requirements I have asked you for. Maybe this is because of your nature of being a Hacker, but as stated I need unaltered material.
The visual data you provided seems cropped and thus had been obviously altered before.

How do you expect me to trust in your words, when you are providing data which could have been easily faked by somebody like you?

[Image: LPI-Btm.png]

Mr Dusentrieb, I have of course kept the evidence unaltered. However, I plan to give them to you after you accept my proposal.

Sender Location: Fort Bush, New York System

Mister Yoshida I can't accept any proposal as there is none.

Refering to this entry of my comm log:
Quote:Yoshida.: LPI could do something for us. Right?

What do you want in return for your informations and the liberation of the slaves?

Of course I haven't stated any proposal Mr Dusentrieb. What I said was a small test which made sure that I wasn't dealing with a fool. Anyway, let's focus on my proposal.

Imagine yourself following a lead which would end up rescuing thousands of these slaves, gathering much intel about [GST] and also saving the other 2 pilots who I still haven't submitted for mania-interrogation.

With the appropriate political handling, you will be awarded for your services and of course further promotions will be issued.

Mr Dusentrieb, I have in my disposal what you need in order to make this real. Undoubtedly you will ask what I seek to get from giving all these things to you. When the time comes, I will ask you for certain favors which I will expect them to be accomplished. Of course I won't stop feeding you with various intel which will further help your career.

This is a great opportunity, Mr Dusentrieb. Not only yours, but that of thousands of other people.

Sender Location: Planet Manhattan, New York System

So you want me to give you something like a carte blanche? This is not acceptable to me. I have not even an idea how valuable your material actually is.

It actually might be less worth to me than I initially thought, as I requested informations about the [GST] from my deputy chief. He gave me a log of this channel, which is open to all factions.

I have enough informations to shoot any [GST] now.

However I propably still have something in return for you.

Let me try to frame a less nebulous offer:
#1 for the slaves and navy officers safety I could offer you 5 million SC. If this is acceptable to you, we can discuss further details like the point and time of transfer.
#2 regarding [GST]: You are free to shoot or pirate them, even if they are not hauling contraband. I will not intervene and held back other officers if we are around.
#3 regarding other smugglers or smuggler affiliates: This is were the "trust" comes into play. The same like to [GST] applies, if you provide evidence later. In space just inform me on a short notice via private comms, that I should not intervene. The mills of bureaucracy grind slowly. Too slow, as too many smugglers get away unharmed.
#4 If a fight related to #2 or #3 is inevitable, I will try not to hit you, as long as you are not trying to hit me

This might be not exactly what you have had in mind. Let me make clear that I will not give up the protection of any Libertonian or lawfully visitor within the borders of the Republic.

The most important point to me personally is #1. I hope we can archieve an agreement here.

Mr Dusentrieb, you are mistaken.

I was looking for a deal with you. Not working as a double agent for the police puppets.

It is unfortunate the fact that you rejected the opportunity to become one of the most successful police officers in your force. It is unfortunate the fact that these people will end up in their original destination as they are worth much more than 5mil.

Carte blanche? No Mr Dusentrieb, I was just looking to get various intel from the inside. I give you intel - you give me intel and none of your colleagues would ever learn about it.

Sender Location: Planet Manhattan, New York System

Worth much more than 5 million SC? Bah. You are not better than a slaver.

Well I believe this conversation is over then. This saddens me as I had expected more from you. So much to "earning trust".

See you in space Mister Yoshida,
Dusentrieb out.

It seems you are more idealist than I thought. However, you should keep in mind that not many of your colleagues are like you.

You missed your chance, Mr Dusentrieb.

It's good to re-activate unused familiar channels. And it also pleases me to see that things have changed since last time.

For example you are now willing to discuss business. In addition, you are now a Lieutenant, not an Officer anymore. And yet you are still unsatisfied with what LPI offers you. So this is your lifetime chance. To get the life in your hands by sacrificing almost nothing.

However, as I have told you, we need to trust you first before I go into detail. Mr Dusentrieb, you have familly, correct? Parents, wife, brothers or sisters perhaps? I would like you to hand two of your relatives to me, Mr Dusentrieb. They will live in a safe place and within luxury until the operation is over. If you agree to this request, then I will finally consider you trustworthy. A small sacrifice, for such a big reward, right?

As always, the decision that needs to be taken falls into your hands, Mr Dusentrieb. I am merely the man who increases your available options.

Pages: 1 2