Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: It's quite uncomfortable when it's not big enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day.
I'm a proud owner of an HTC smartphone. This one is very basic, HTC Wildfire S isn't meant to run some complicated applications and I doubt I would ever need something besides the Angry Birds talking of mobile gaming. The good side is that it's compact enough while being large enough to have no problems with reading texts from the screen - my eyes had adapted to the high resolution on less than ten inches since the netbooks boom.
Well, I'm a happy user, but there is always something to break my day. The phone's built-in memory isn't that large and on the end I'm meant to have a kind of control over approximately 130 of 512 Mb. Yet currently I'm balancing on the awkward 45 Mb line which was fine in 1995, but doesn't feel that good now, even given that I got my old computer packed into a cell phone.
Well, there are some questions I'd love to ask the owners of Android smartphones. The first one is simple - how do you deal with the little Mb inside the phone? Let me remind you of their bad habit to store too much on their own memory instead of the card. I had looked for the solutions, cleaned the cash a couple of time when I crossed the psychological 35 Mb barrier and yet the app2sd seems to be the only reasonable solution that would overwrite the installation path for the apps and use the potential of memory card as a storage device. HTC had already published the bootloader unlocker, yet, for the certain reasons it does not support anything but considerably top level models which appear to have a good potential for the future software development.
That all means that I would not have an easy way taking the root access to my device and would most probably lose the warranty; yet on the contrary, I'm not planning to remove the majority of software pre-installed as well as not intending to use the custom Android builds until the HTC continue to support the implementation of the last bug-free version with the HTC Sense.
So, should I stay or should I go for it?