Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Ingolstadt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Don't kill me, I'm not the pro-modding crack. But Ingolstadt need in my opinion a face lifting.

Here is my try to change it a bit.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae172/H...09-21-36-27.jpg

[Image: Freelancer2011-10-2009-21-36-27-1.jpg]

Quote:Ingolstadt Station was constructed in 730 A.S., a considerable amount of time after the initial colonisation of the planet Nuremberg, in order to handle the ever increasing exports of military vehicles from Nuremberg. Most of the space onboard the station is taken up with secure storage bays for the vehicles, and dozens of ships dock with the orbital facility every day.

Fuel tanks under the station, two storage depots and a factory to maintain the vehicles.

So and now excuse me, I have to run away.
The West Point module would probably look better than the standard docking outpost, in my opinion.

In any case, they're looking for new models for station components, not .ini work. :P

On the whole, that does look a lot better than the current one though.
Too bad this doesn't have a bug chance to be added to the next mod version.

I really like it.
Another thing is, what is Ingolstadt's actual role? It's a fluff base Angel added for no apparent reason. The place needs an actual defined role before it can be redesigned, really.

The current infocard mentions it's a Republican HQ building for the system. Maybe go along those lines, instead of an industrial one? The vehicles are all produced planetside anyway.

Then again, the infocard mentions also mentions the fact that a Unioner attack on it killed more staff than are actually present on the entire base. >_<
' Wrote:Then again, the infocard mentions also mentions the fact that a Unioner attack on it killed more staff than are actually present on the entire base. >_<
Of course it did. You don't think they're going to just keep the corpses on board, do you?

I like the idea, but I"m not sure what the purpose is in this case. Most bases are far too small, though, so I do approve of expansion.
' Wrote:Of course it did. You don't think they're going to just keep the corpses on board, do you?

I like the idea, but I"m not sure what the purpose is in this case. Most bases are far too small, though, so I do approve of expansion.

I think that he's asking why more civilians would die in a raid than make up a full working complement for the station. Usually casualties for one side amount to a number less than or equal to the number of people on that side present at the site of a battle.
I was being half-sarcastic above - the serious part of it being that the current operational capacity is far lower than the original specifically because of the attack, between the damages and the death.

bases should still be bigger though.
Very nice work dude.
Good work :cool:
' Wrote:Another thing is, what is Ingolstadt's actual role? It's a fluff base Angel added for no apparent reason. The place needs an actual defined role before it can be redesigned, really.

Right, for now it's the selling point for cobalt ore...
Pages: 1 2 3