Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Let Police factions handle internal issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm guilty of it. Most of us are guilty of it, too.

"To the Emperor of Kusari, the Hogosha shot me."
"To the Kanzler of Rheinland, Kruger and Daumann have territory conflicts."
"To the Government of Liberty, the lanes are too damn dangerous."
"To the Zoner Transgender Gallic Princess of Bretonia, we are out of tea and crumpets." (<3 Dab.)

How often did you feel like you were treated in an unjust manner in-game, and decided to file a report to the House's government? Most of the factions did at least once, as well as several individuals, I'm pretty sure. Why should the Governments deal with that? Day-to-day Peace Keeping isn't exactly the Government's job. It's not the Navy's job either to handle public relation or diplomacy. That's the Police's job, usually. People also often complaint about how the Police factions never get enough attention. Well, why not do as we should do from now on, and actually involve the Police factions in our complaints? They can handle any issues just as well as any Government body, and can investigate the matter on the field as well.

Of course, there always are exceptions to the matter, but it just feels wrong to me now that I think of it that everything is directly sent to the Goverment. Give more <3 to the Police factions!
If this happens the same will just keep happening. Besides last i checked the local police dont deal with NATIONAL security. That is the DOD and military.

Trade sqabbles and issues of piracy are two different beasts alltogether.
A good premise to this proposal. However, it may need to be tweaked. As we have all experienced, the LNS (along with every -NS, and various other factions) sometime have......."ignorant Pilots".

Rule 1 of this Faction:

Read the Rules

In all actuality, there is no way to enforce that. unless you see it in-game, but never the less, the lullzerific participants will not be able to handle this problem efficiently. A rage might ensue, even. Perhaps handling the complaints could be carried out by the "Higher Ups" of the Police/watev factions. Then again, there might be so much work involved with making this happen, that it is of no use.

Just some input.....

EDIT- "This problem" (as mentioned in the last three lines) refer to the Complaints, territory arguments, etc.
Yep, that's pretty much how it ought to be done anyway. But there's a reason it isn't done that way.

Most house militaries are significantly more active and visible than house police forces. If the police factions are slacking and going inactive, people don't notice them. So people assume that the primary peacekeepers are the militaries, and address their complaints accordingly.

I've noticed this trend in KSP-stuff quite a bit. When the KSP is doing something, like logging our ships, actively policing on the server, and talking a lot in the communications channels, we get a significantly larger number of "Hey police-guys, the Hogosha attacked me!" threads directed at us. When we go back to slacking off, no one really talks to us.

So if police factions are actively doing their jobs, they'll get called on a bit more often.
There is possibility of removing rights to be fined by militaries, as that is not what they should be doing.

I mean, I have not seen or heard of an instance, where soldier would fine some criminal out in the streets.

It's police's job.
And yet you see military helping the police on contraband operations, and border controls. Sounds fine to me to have the military be able to fine for such things, even if we all agree that it's not their main task.
Help - sure.

Take away role - hell no.
I don't see them taking away the role, you do? Where? How? When?
Well, in Rheinland the RFP| and Polizei indies like me are doing the most fines and patrol the systems for criminals. So far, the RM keeps more an eye on the borders then on the internal affairs.
So, that's why they fine all those ships that violate the embargo against Liberty. And at least from my point of view the coordination between the Rheinland military and Rheinland police works quite well.

But despite that I have witnessed myself, that in the other houses the first law enforcers are the military pilots and that is something that should be changed. So I agree on this matter with you in strengthening the police on internal affairs.
Sure this has nothing to do with the military having stronger ships than the average PC Plod?

As many criminals are sitting in gunboats your average police patrol is slightly outgunned.
Pages: 1 2 3