Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Companies smuggling Copper Ore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now i wanna talk about all those copper ore traders bringing copper ore from Omega-7 to Planet Houston via Hamburg or the way thru Saar and Düsseldorf...
The Trader i talk about using jumpholes and have an interspace or samura or bowex or img id...

I also know that hauling copper ores from rheinland to liberty is not allowed.

But is that sort of trading not an act of smuggling???

I might be wrong but if so i set up an stork with suitable id and do the same like those i talk about and then someone have to explain me the usage of the smuggler id...
Yes its smuggling but its all good as long as you are not caught
But when you are caught, don't be a dick and run on to Houston, sell your ore, and then abuse the docking protection by cruising off.
It is an action that could effectively get you FR5'd in Rheinland - which will seriously hinder your ability to move through there with those characters. Frankly, anyone moving copper ore into Hamburg via the gate would be stopped by the border station IRPly, but since the AI can't handle that...

Wonder if we could actually log those kinds of actions...
The Point is
is copper ore smuggling an unlawfull act and if so, is it allowed for an company id like interspace, bowex or so on

and

what is the diffrence to a smuggler id then?
no need to eat the traders. Its a game after all....
' Wrote:The Point is
is copper ore smuggling an unlawfull act and if so, is it allowed for an company id like interspace, bowex or so on

and

The only "unlawful" acts that the IDs refer to are pirating and shooting lawfuls. There have been several threads on this.

While smuggling is "unlawful" as in "against the laws of Rheinland," it's not actually a problem per the ID and you won't get sanctioned for doing it.

and

The cargo restriction. Only a maximum of 3800 cargo space vessels at the Smuggler ID. 5000 Cargo space at a corp ID ship. More profit.

' Wrote:no need to eat the traders. Its a game after all....

I can`t hear this anymore. Sure it is a Game. But after all it is a RP Server. Nothing more, nothing less. And going through two very well protected guard systems (Saar, Duesseldorf) or through a warzone (Hamburg) with a Tradingship is out of RP. That leads me to another very well said point...

' Wrote:Frankly, anyone moving copper ore into Hamburg via the gate would be stopped by the border station IRPly, but since the AI can't handle that...

Agreed. Only because there is no player around, it means not the System is unprotected in-RP...

and

The trade embargo is a roleplaying restriction by the Rheinland official factions. They are the once enforcing it. There is no server rule against exporting copper, however it can have roleplay consequences such as you being set blood-red with the Rheinland Military and RFP. And when that happens just about every base in Rheinland will turn a nice shade of red. Which makes that house pretty much unusable for that trader, at least on the lawful run.

That's the risk.

[Edit] That said, there's always the Frankfurt jumpholes if you want a quiet way into Hamburg...
as long as you are not caught you are fine.
If you are caught, you'll pay the price.
Pages: 1 2