Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Group missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, I took one of my fighters in to earn money by doing missions on crete against BH. There were lots of players there and I asked if they were interested in doing group missions. They all said no...and what-not. They just stayed above crete talking and dueling each other.

Now I know npc's are not as challenging as players but has everyone stopped doing group missions against npc's? I see large pvp fights but I don't see any pvnpc fights. Does everyone think that group missions against npc's are no fun anymore? Or did I just ask the wrong people?

The mission I did after that was not easy...I was in a talon. First up were about 5 hammerheads...then came 4 battlecruisers...then 10 more hammerheads to assist the cruisers(all the hammerheads were lvl 19 too). Help would have been nice...and the server not crashing before I was done would have been nice too. (though I know I can do nothing about that)

Am I crazy for thinking multiplayer should involve player vs npc's just as much as pvp? I think working with other players doesn't have to be just working with other players against other players.
When I started on disco i was having a lot of fun chasing Rogue mule (full of gold) trough Cortez.
With low-level ships, fights against NPC's can be very fun.
But not just fights, but also robbing convoys and similar.

I was doing this for 10 days at least, with a friend. Also, while you'r doing it, you manage to explore whole systems.

I know it wasn't fun in my Titan against 3 Battlecruisers... It lasted for some 40 minutes.. I was barely holding together, returned it with only one wing on Crete:)
I know there are some half-mil missions out there, fairly easy as well. It would be a good idea to get a friend and start wailing on some NPCs.

I've done it a bunch before, but not anymore sadly. :(
When there are no enemies in Alpha we sometimes do the big missions. Good bomber and capship training.

Also, they're great for helping people fix their reps.
' Wrote:I know there are some half-mil missions out there, fairly easy as well. It would be a good idea to get a friend and start wailing on some NPCs.

I've done it a bunch before, but not anymore sadly. :(

Fairly easy?

You kidding right... take a 500k mission in your Sabre/Titan... then go there.. and meet two groups of 4 BHG Battlecruisers.. with Manta cover...

not really easy.. though if you have mini razor.. it mostly tests your dodging/patience.

Us Outcasts do it every now and again.
' Wrote:Fairly easy?

You kidding right... take a 500k mission in your Sabre/Titan... then go there.. and meet two groups of 4 BHG Battlecruisers.. with Manta cover...

not really easy.. though if you have mini razor.. it mostly tests your dodging/patience.

I did a half-mil mission where they just kept sending wave after wave of mantas. Finally after something like 6 waves it stopped. I probably just got lucky, but the easy ones do exist.
I once got a mission from Falklands for my Gunstar: revard was 365K and I had to assassinate one guy... Came there, killed the guy, went back... 365K...;)
' Wrote:not really easy.. though if you have mini razor.. it mostly tests your dodging/patience.

It does test your patience greatly. Though in this mod I use a razor, but in previous mods there was no razor. But I will never ever forget the fight I had years ago. I was in a starblazer(or startracker I cant remember) and just for the whatever of it I took on a mission that was very high level. It ended up being my startracker with like level 4 or 5 barragers against two rheinland battleships!

You wanna talk patience....you want to talk about pain....that was it. I won..but I didn't play fl for a good time after that, and boy did my hand hurt. :D Dont ask how long it took...several hours to say the least.

It is for reasons like that that help is nice.
I remember once when I took a 500k mission in Omega 49. I was in a Manta with a Minirazor and no armor upgrade. It turned out that the mission was to kill Eight OSIRISES it took me an hour, missing dinner, and a loud lecture from my parents about "priorities", but I finally finished it.
Pages: 1 2 3