Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: One more for the crew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ahoy there, I've been crawling around the forums for a few weeks now, and I've finally decided to start officially my journey in the Disco community (AKA enough of being lazy already).

So let me introduce myself.

My name's Jordi, I'm from Barcelona, Spain and I'm 31. I played RP games since I was 14 or so, both the traditional way (paper+pencil+dices+imagination+common sense) and online RP games such as NWN.
Although I carry a long RP career on my shoulders, this is my first time RPing on a foreign language, so bear with me as I destroy the english dictionary (probably xD).
I'm always open to constructive criticism, so feel free to correct me when my grammar fails, as there are lots of room for improvement on that field, for sure.

As far as my Freelancer gaming experience goes, I'm pretty new. I played through the SP campaign, but lazyness (my greater weakness as you will notice as we know each other) impeded me to conclude it. ^^''
My online experience comes to zero, as this is my first time online.

I must give kudos to the dev team. When i first played the Freelancer demo back in the day, I couldn't dream to get this much: new systems, lots of new ships and a HUGE community.
So when I noticed that Freelancer not only was still alive, but thriving with activity, I had to get in and see for myself.

I've read the forum and the wiki up and down, searching for everything could help me getting started without being too much of a burden, but, obviously, I don't know everything. Of course, lots of practice and a few questions here and there will help. At the very least, I'm pretty sure I've got a grasp of the basic rules, and the such.

So after of lots of study and SP tests (and trading with Haname.Kaneda to mass up some creds xD) I decided to apply for the Black Dragon Society as the Yakuza-themed RP, the Black Dragon, the Raba and the Mamoru are just screaming "come-and-take-us-already!".
Wish me luck on that one. =P

That's all as far as gaming purposes go. Now for a last note. But not least important.

After so much forum reading, I've got a good vision of how's this community, more or less. From a fellow gamer, I can tell that this is a fairly mature community. From the outside, you seem like a great family to me; you may argue over some points, but you all travel in the same direction, so to speak.

Now, is clear to see that many of you are living through hard times this year. Being the new guy seemed out of place to me to post at Bear and Mal farewell posts. But I do know the grief of losing someone really close to oneself, unfortunately. And yeah, right, you have my condolences, may them rest in peace.

It makes me sad that I will not get to know them, but there's is one thing I can do: giving every bit of whatever I have to help the community grow and perdure the way they seemed to wanted it to be.
As a huge community sharing an activity they all love.

I apologize for the huge text wall. But I felt the need to say this much.
Peace out, hope to see you in-game.
[Image: WelcomeAboard01.jpg]

Welcome, enjoy the game and have fun!
Welcome. Nice to see you, mate. By the way if you want to join to Bounty Hunter faction send me personal message.
If only every new player was like you...

Pleasure to have you here, we need replacements for all those that are leaving. If you happen to need any help, feel free to ask me or anyone else here. Most of us will be willing to help.

PS.
Foreign language? That's some proper English you got there.

Edit: [shameless ad]
If you want to make some money by PvP, you're welcome to join Fist & Co, an Interspace Commerce subsidiary. We are looking for new members and have just gotten a lucrative contract in the Tau region. If you are interested, feel free to contact ArthurS3.lt (the boss) or franklin_carr (me) on Skype!
[/shameless ad]
' Wrote:If only every new player was like you...

Pleasure to have you here, we need replacements for all those that are leaving. If you happen to need any help, feel free to ask me or anyone else here. Most of us will be willing to help.

PS.
Foreign language? That's some proper English you got there.

Don't let my careful redacted post fool you. I'm really used to english as almost all music i listen to, it's english singed, buuut when it comes to having a real-time conversation I'm clumsier, as I lack tons of practice, but I'm practicing as much as I can. Arigato gozaimasu, in any case. ^^
Welcome mate ,have fun
see you in space, Good luck out their.:)

Ahh man today ,some threads by community makes me embarssed. ,just want to say .dö not hurt anybody ,and make fun of them they are same as you. everybody do mistakes,
Human is a toy of mistakes!
Welcome aboard to the madness of Disco.

Now featuring trolls to ignore awesome people, who will help you out, a ridicolous amount of rules and a lot of fun.

Enjoy your stay.
Welcome! and thank you for a well thought out post. I hope to see you in space!

Gramps

' Wrote:Although I carry a long RP career on my shoulders, this is my first time RPing on a foreign language, so bear with me as I destroy the english dictionary (probably xD).

Your English is above average (for this community). There are people who have worse English than you playing on the servers. You <strike>should</strike> are guaranteed to be fine.
--
Welcome aboard to Discovery. Pew pew may or may not be your cup of tea. If you want a faction that doesn't concentrate on pew pew nor trading/mining, join Orbital Spa and Cruise or one of its subsidiaries (See my signature: Greyhound PT). We are more or less completely Roleplay based since we have no need to pew pew (except Slavers) and trading isn't exactly our best point.

Also, good luck in your Hogosha application.
Buenos dias senor,

welcome to discoGC, small advice
for external communication e.g. outside FL,
most of us use Skype, its a free chat program,
Pages: 1 2