Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bastet remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First of all credits goes to Jinx 'coz this was inspired by the new Hathor modell.

Now here comes what i made.

[Image: bastetrevision.png]

I made this for pure fun and to practice a bit with Sketchup and 3Ds and with the other Freelancer modding stuff. So this is a stealth version of the Bastet, fully closed cockpit no windows only andvanced environmental scanners and small cameras to navigate.
Nah..
Sorry, but this looks more like a pirate bomber to me. Maybe you could put it into good use for that though?
Dunno, just made it for fun as i said, i need something to pratice with how to put thing in game and stuf...you know.
It's not bad as in it sucks, just a bad Bastet imo'. Can't think of anything else for it either though...
Make the Nose a bit longer and remove the two Fins on Top. With a different Cockpit and a bit more blue it could be another Zoner Vessel, since it looks a lot like the Osprey.
Looks... Lane Hackerish.
Change the texture. Use the stuff that's used on the Anubis for example.

The nose should definitely be longer, and the cockpit looks very restrictive.

Other than that, there's not so much detail that I can see. Use some different textures to point out details on the ship.
What Rommie said, also wings look somehow to bulky.
Different textures might change the view.
The overall design isnt terrible, but you need to use order textures, not borderworld textures. Also, get rid of the holes in the wings.

I'd also suggest making the wings a bit less bulky, give them a delta wing or sweeping effect, the bastet is meant to be a manuverable craft - what you have looks too much like a bomber or SHF. Get rid of the two upper engines (the ones below the vertical fins on the back) - it'd look better with just the middle and two side engines IMO.

Redesign the wingtips as well, right now they seem to resemble corsair fighter wingtip design, and the Bastet has no relation to corsair engineering.
Pages: 1 2 3