Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Online gaming newbie says hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Everybody,

finally i got my lazy behind up for some introductional post! I'm a PHD student from Germany and got into plying Freelancer while searching for ways to get the super old Privateer 2:The Darkening running on my computer... i didn't have any success but found out that Freelancer is somewhat a more modern version of it and immediatly loved it!
Naturally i was curious about Discovery and had to try it - after a long long reading of the rules (mind you, never played anything online before and wanted to do no crucial mistakes;)) i started playing like 1 month ago and i'm still really into it.

So right now i'm still looking for directions where to go with this game, currently i'm running a trade ship ( Shy_Maiden ) and really like the casual, non-hasty gameplay(sometimes interrupted by more or less friendly pirates..) after a long day at work. On the other hand, playing the Corsairs character Sandalio is totally thrilling with all the enemies trying(mostly succeding) to kill me or the fun of trying to stop a trader from running away while typing my demands and such...
What i would like to know is how the different types of Characters/Factions play themselves, as i would like it very much to have all my ships belonging to one faction...any advice here?

Long story short: see you in space and have pacience with slow typing pirates;)
First: Good to see a new face here.

Second: We have many cool stuff like the messageback so you don't need to tipe all the time to Heyo, trader lad stop right there. Just shoot a CD and /l1. And there you go you can start talking and pewpew if he doesn't pay. The /help comman REALLY helps a lot ingame;)

Have fun, be nice, cya in space.
Ohai thar. You've definitely chosen the right place to start with. :laugh:Anyway, if you have any questions regarding rules, factions, costumes, habits w/e poke me on Skype (It's recommended for playing here.) and I might be able to help ya out.

And I type slooowly as well. Laid-back typing ftw.

Avoid trolls, <strike>furries</strike> and<strike> ponies </strike> and enjoy it while you're here.
Welcome to Discovery, pHd Guy:)

Take a look at Rules, Server ,forums
Have fun
see you in space
Don't be disappointed when a trader refuses to talk to you. Some of them are purely trading for the money, and won't bother to RP at all. Also know as powertrading, grinding, etc, for a big ship that costs a lot.

As Jaika said, setmessages are very helpful for such traders, so you can still teach them a lesson in RP (with guns):cool:

Enjoy your stay, have fun, remember it's a game. Don't take things too serious.
' Wrote:What i would like to know is how the different types of Characters/Factions play themselves, as i would like it very much to have all my ships belonging to one faction...any advice here?

The only way to do it is to actually try different factions as and see if/how you fit in. Have fun out there and keep gathering resources for the Corsair Empire :nyam:
Check the discovery wiki and the tutorials around if you pirate you can use setmsgs- find how to in server commands in disco wiki, if you want to be profi pirate look at my signature.
Welcome mate, enjoy and don't be afraid to explore new factions;)
Cheers
Welcome dude, have fun. Always glad to see new faces around here.
Yo
Pages: 1 2