Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Regarding importing vanilla ship models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... how do you import original freelancer ship models into metaseq? I want to model a certain ship for a certain faction (I'll never tell!), and I need to see how big a ship of similar size would look like in the modeling program.
*bump*, need a reply
PLEASE, I NEED AN ANSWER!! I DON'T WANT TO MAKE A SHIP THAT IS TOO BIG OR SMALL FOR IT'S CLASS!!
right, stop spamming your own thread.
why don't you first learn how to model a ship before starting to ask advanced question? you know a model can be scaled easily.
Xing: :nono:
Remember your beginning as a modeler. Everyone deserves a bit of help, even with advanced questions.;)

Sand_Spider: There is an existing Milkshape compilation of vanilla models, inclusive textures. I'm not aware, if someone has coverted it into a 3DS max compilation. If so, you should be able to import them into Metaseq. If not, you will need MS to export the vanillas as 3DS file.

Links for MS and the MS model compilation are to find within "First Aid for Developers".

Respectful
AoM
alright, thanks AoM
' Wrote:Xing: :nono:
Remember your beginning as a modeler. Everyone deserves a bit of help, even with advanced questions.;)

Sand_Spider: There is an existing Milkshape compilation of vanilla models, inclusive textures. I'm not aware, if someone has coverted it into a 3DS max compilation. If so, you should be able to import them into Metaseq. If not, you will need MS to export the vanillas as 3DS file.

Links for MS and the MS model compilation are to find within "First Aid for Developers".

Respectful
AoM

mehe, didn't meant to be arrogant, though he just triple posted in just half an hour for absolutely no reason, seeing his post wasn't being answered. And he just asked in flood a program to model ship... meaning he probably never moddeled thing before - and you've got to agree, you can't decide the size of a model without even knowing how to do a model, right?

anyhow, sorry for being rude.
Np Xing. I was remembering my first trials and how i was becomming impatient, when having a problem and no easy solution. I had the fortune of an existing TLR with all tutorials.
I wont take Sand Spiders hand to lead him through the whole process. Learning by doing shows the best effect, but a lil push in the right direction is always good.

Respectful
AoM