Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Enemies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I have just got the game and have been playing the story and I wanted to know how to get the liberty police off my back. There must be a way. I mean I am on mission 5 and am in leeds system but do I have to beat the game to get liberty off me for good? Or will they start liking me soon? Sorry I am a noob but I find it annoying because I can't make good money off trading.

Thanks.
' Wrote:Hey I have just got the game and have been playing the story and I wanted to know how to get the liberty police off my back. There must be a way. I mean I am on mission 5 and am in leeds system but do I have to beat the game to get liberty off me for good? Or will they start liking me soon? Sorry I am a noob but I find it annoying because I can't make good money off trading.

Thanks.
You guess right.

The story manipulates reputation completely differently than multiplayer.
The story wouldn't make sense if you could alter your rep too much.

You can get LPI (or any faction) friendly again by killing their enemies, over and over.

But be careful when doing this in the SP storyline -- it can screw it over if you dingle the faction reps too much. (eg. not being able to land on a base which is necessary for story progression). Best to leave reps as intended until you play it out.
' Wrote:You can get LPI (or any faction) friendly again by killing their enemies, over and over.

But be careful when doing this in the SP storyline -- it can screw it over if you dingle the faction reps too much. (eg. not being able to land on a base which is necessary for story progression). Best to leave reps as intended until you play it out.

You are right Onca it does allow you to manilpulate it in the usual way... But many missions just reset it to what the story demands... So it really is not worth getting LPI back white as when you do the next mission it may well just get reset to red.

I did it on vanilla, when the Mallean JG was still working. Got me a Mule and was running cardi from Mactan to Manhattan. I'd do that until I had enough money to set me up fora few missions, then I'd start the next mission and the rep is reset back to hostile. Of course, once I hit multiplayer I developed morals and now I'd never trade cardi ever again:P
lawl the magellan gate is active all the while till you run from liberty? XD
I would give one simple answer. If you want to bring you reputation into neutral with criminals, just shoot down some bounty hunters you encounter. I did this to get friendly with outcasts in the edge worlds. Or if you want to fix your reputation withe the police,wait near a trade lane having pirates patrol paths there. This way you can kill a lot of criminals and become friendly with the police.:)
Thanks. Yeah I am way more experience in Freelancer now. I didn't even know about thrusters and I was like, "Wow you have to be able to go faster than this or its a horrible game." and then I did something I never do in games...I...looked at the controls!!!!!!!!!! Now I am too busy playing the disco to be worried about Freelancer regular. Freelancer regular is boring compared to disco. Because you can't join factions which makes them pointless.