Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New to Discovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I loved freelancer a few years ago and I played it when the microsoft server database was still online. Those were good days, but being pretty young when it shut down, I just couldn't figure out how to get access to other servers, and couldn't find any help or other servers that looked friendly online. As a result, my Freelancer CD has sat around gathering dust for the past 4-5 years, but I want to change that, and the Discovery realm seems like the best place for me to start. However, I have some questions pertaining to the nature of Discovery and of the rp server itself. In most communities, I know it is taboo to ask questions like these because people are tired of answering them, but it seems like this board is mainly for these questions, so I hope I am not offending any of the oldbies.

Question 1: How do you install discovery, and how do you install mods in general?

Question 2: What is discovery's main focus? I saw on youtube that there are many pilot-able and incredibly powerful battleships and capital ships in Discovery, and I'm wondering if those are the main focus of the mod as opposed to the fighter focus of the original freelancer, with lots of complex combat/dogfighting dynamics. I also don't really understand the rules of role-playing or the concept itself very well, though I did read the rules.

Question 3: What is the discovery 24/7 rp server ip?

Question 4: Where can general info such as starting money, starting ship, and faction options about the rp server specifically be found? I looked on the wiki, but all I found about the server specifically was update and donate information.

Thank you for your patience and thoughtful responses, and I look forward to playing on the server soon.
Welcome !

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642 - installation.

To question 2- No Battleships aren't the main focus. The main focus is what you make your one, if you want to focus on trading or PvPing in a fighter, that's the main focus. It's not a problem to not understand the RPing stuff right away, you will get to it. Official factions are often a good option for beginners, they will teach you the basics.

To question 3- 78.46.88.87

To question 4- Your starting money is 8500 credits and you will start in a starflier. Faction info can be found here on the forums in the Faction subforum here:http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showforum=98
Wiki is often outdated regarding faction information, so you better get your info there.

I hope that helps, enjoy your stay.
Looks like DNiavolo got all the info to you. Let us know if you need more help.
Cheers and welcome mate;)
' Wrote:-snip-
I hope that helps, enjoy your stay.

Thank you, that helps a lot. See you in space.
Welcome to discovery ,have fun mate:)
and let the community know if you have any further question or problem.
Praise The Lord, new potential faction member, poke me in SKYPE, join our faction and save us from lolwut
Bow before the prophet of the great god Lolwut. He sayeth unto you, "2millordai".

Now I handeth down the laws of Lolwut.

1) Shooteth he who rp, for he is the devil.
2) Demandeth credits from starfleas.
3) Sayeth Lol and typeth smileys to end sentence fragments.
4) Screameth, "Ennngggaagggeee" to appeaseth the evil god "Admin".
5) Attacketh only with capships, and only those who flyeth transports.

These are the laws of the great god Lolwut. Offendeth him at your own risk.
' Wrote:Bow before the prophet of the great god Lolwut. He sayeth unto you, "2millordai".

Now I handeth down the laws of Lolwut.

1) Shooteth he who rp, for he is the devil.
2) Demandeth credits from starfleas.
3) Sayeth Lol and typeth smileys to end sentence fragments.
4) Screameth, "Ennngggaagggeee" to appeaseth the evil god "Admin".
5) Attacketh only with capships, and only those who flyeth transports.

These are the laws of the great god Lolwut. Offendeth him at your own risk.

Amen
Welcome!
Welcome welcome mate
Pages: 1 2