Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Missles....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else noticed that missiles will actively avoid the ship you are firing on? They go straight for them and suddenly veer off or circle around the target. Am I the only one with this issue?
Re-target. They do that sometimes because of the lag.
Just press Ctrl + R (if you'r using defaults, if not, then select another target and put it back on previous).
Hm, worth a try ... I was desperatedly firing Mosquito CDs at a fleeing smuggler, and they just bounced away...
any of you know the movie "darkstar"? - its an old one... that ends with a discussion of the protagonist and a bomb... they went quite far with "intelligent" weapons.. a philosophical discussion from the bomb, about what the sense of existence is and the value of life ( of a bomb ) - very nice movie...

just came to my mind.....

when its about freelancer.... consider them intelligent weapons. missiles that have such a sophisticated AI that they develope a conscience will of course avoid explosion to keep existing! - so, the so called "dumb" missiles like cannonballs often fail to become sapient and so end up crashing into the target.

but the so called high end tracking missiles with a build in AI - will learn that they can exist much longer, if they avoid impact. smart missiles indeed!:laugh:
When the missile gets very close, it tries to follow the target, but often overcompensates and turns farther than it needs to, and then loses tracking because it can't find the target anymore. It mostly depends on what angle you fire at, as the missile comes out that direction, then tracks towards the target. The only time you need to reselect your target is when the missile doesn't track at all, and just flies a straight path from launch.
Ahh, thanks everyone.