Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HSM Suggestions/Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#FFCC00]What Next?

So the Hidamari/Sunshine Sound Mod is currently at a standstill. ive recently discovered (no pun intended) myself playing this mod again and people asking for the download to this mod. So I was wondering what else can be done.

I'm interested in users gripes and experiences with the mod active. What do you want to hear added to the sound mod that isn't currently in it. Is there a sound effect that maybe annoys you or you think could be better?

this doesnt count on a personal level, i can help people customize their's in private, but im thinking on a universal scale, what sounds in Freelancer would you prefer changed, altered, volume increased/decreased?

you may or may not think of one right away since sound isn't as imminent as sight but it is no less as important, if you have any suggestions Id' like to hear them.
The beeping.

THE TERRIBLE BEEEEEEEPIIIIIINNG

But drama aside, the "Missle Incoming" was preferable to the current non-stop beeping in my opinion :\

Love the jumphole sounds though o.o More electronic / bassy stuff like that please :3
you can download the non-repeating missile alert on the mod page on this forum, i havent been able to get hold of Arashi, so i cant add it directly into the mod yet.

please see the Hidamari sound mod page to find it.
I do enjoy the "meatier" sound of the bigger guns and so on, but I'm not sure if I agree with the "reloading" sound effect once the gun has fired. (For example, the Light Mortar)

Also, I think the sounds for lasers are a bit too harsh and tinny. I can't say what I'd do to change it, though...

Edit: As for what I've changed on top of the HSM;
I've replaced a majority of the fighter gun sounds with some custom ones made by Tycho. The gun-like sounds were interesting at first, but became irritating and tinny after a while.

The one thing that just didn't fit right for me was the sound assigned to Capital Pulse Turrets; I found something in the game files called "fire_pulsar_cannon" which I replaced it with. It sounds much like a deeper version of Disco's "fire_capship_emp".
The whole concept of using ballistic gun sounds on energy based weaponry is strange :S But if people enjoy it, so be it.
for me... sounds on battleship turrets were some
those on fighters... were too much loud and most of them had the same sound the battleships had

the continous incoming missile sound was awesome but npcs made it worst xD
Dunno if this is still going on but id like to say some of the sounds are awesome on this mod. I really like some of the ambiances.

My only gripe really is with some of the weapons sounds. I removed them and kept the defaults on my game but I think they could be improved. Just not so...ballistic sounding. more pew pew, less bang bang.