Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do I get hold of an RP server admin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

I'm trying to RP a new character who has, shall we say, undergone some changes. As a result, I need the reputations reset for just about every faction there is.

Can anyone tell me how/where I can get hold of an Admin so that I can discuss with them what I want and whether they're prepared to do it for me.

Cheers.
It's each players own duty to keep his reputations in check. All the Admins will do is fixing inappropriate green reps into red ones if you were caught acting against a supposed-to-be-red repuation
' Wrote:It's each players own duty to keep his reputations in check. All the Admins will do is fixing inappropriate green reps into red ones if you were caught acting against a supposed-to-be-red repuation

In order for me to RP it correctly, it needs a reset of virtually everything. As I say, I'll be more than happy to explain my reasons for the request.
What he was saying, but now more directly, is that admins dont do rep changes unless you have an SRP of some sort.
You'd probably be best off starting a new char and building up the required reps from scratch.
' Wrote:You'd probably be best off starting a new char and building up the required reps from scratch.

Total PITA mapping out all the systems again, though.

What's an SRP, btw?
' Wrote:What's an SRP, btw?

Special-Roleplay-Request which would permit the player certain rights, such as adjusted rep or special loadouts, if granted.

However, it is currently not possible to send one in since the according forum part has been locked down a good while back.
' Wrote:Total PITA mapping out all the systems again, though.

What's an SRP, btw?

The right /restart will make mapping the systems easier.
' Wrote:The right /restart will make mapping the systems easier.

I'm sure I'll find a shortcut.

Cheers, all.
I recommend freelancer restart, and then when you need to get a specific rep modded, find a pilot on that is under that tag and hire them to do a few missions for you. Be very careful tho, I've tried as well as many others, and reps that are super specific end up more headache than RP in many cases.

Also, another tip...if you plan to ask for such a request, make sure you have already built up story and a history for this, not just in your head, but on the forums in the Stroies section, and make a point of marking it closed to public posting, or you will find it gets trolled and rudely abused. Which makes for harder reading, and a messy presentation, and frustration that could lead to giving up. Just because things are not easy, doesn't mean they are not attainable.

Keep at it, ask for tips, and keep records, public logs for best result. And the two MOST IMPORTANT PARTS....

1. HAVE FUN.

2. Role Play and TALK... fighting comes easily, talking will get you major credit to actually putting effort into things.
Pages: 1 2