Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Golem/Behemoth for IMG/BMM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hey there,

i hope this is the right place for my question.

I started my freelancer career several days ago. I wasn't playing this game since 5 or 6 years.
Still impressed that so much people are playing. Awesome work guys :)

Back to topic:
First of all i decided to be a miner/hauler char (to get enough money to do some stuff).
I followed the guide and the wiki and the things started to get exiting.
After a few drawbacks, i bought a Hegemon and found a profitable route to make some money.

Shortly after i discovered the next level of mining vessels. The Behemoth and the Golem.
Not as clumsy as the Hegemon and more cargo. But i was disappointed.

Golem only for the ALG.

So my question is:
If i start a new char and do the restart miner
(better; let's say restart rheinland) command and go get the Golem, is it possible in any way
to move to BMM or IMG?
I mean thats the 37 century (or something like it; real fans would know that :-/ ).
Today it's possible to live in Germany, drive a Toyota and work for the United States.
And i am a Freelancer :D

I don't want to dispute anything. I'm playing on the 24/7 RP Server and i like it.
It's just about that i'm new and i think i still don't get all those rules about IDs
and affiliation right. So please don't judge me for questioning.

I tryed to get my info from the "What's ships can i fly"-Thread but i had problems
getting it (maybe it's because english isn't my primary language).

If somebody could help me with this (and maybe later, some other) question, i'm going
to be very pleased.

Best regards
B4dLuCk

As BMM, you would need to get permission from the ALG faction in order to use the ship. As IMG, you can use it without needing prior permission.

However, the Golem is utterly useless for non-ALG ships, since it can only be used to mine Scrap Metal and Toxic Waste. Neither BMM nor IMG can mine those goods; rather, they cannot get a mining bonus with that ship.
' Wrote:As IMG, you can use it without needing prior permission.
You need permission to use it as anyone other than ALG. It is not a Rheinland Civ. Ship, but an ALG Ship. I'd say it's white-celled for all who could and can use Rheinland Civ. Ships.

If you want to use it as a miner - yes, you can't do that. It only gets mining boni for toxic waste and scrap metal and only if you fly under ALG IFF and ID.

If you want to use it for trading - well, I suggest using a Titanic. The Golem isn't bad, but so is the Titanic.
But I guess you wanted as a miner, mh?
For filling some one's cargo with ores choose mafic.
For filling your own transport ship choose hegemon.
For trading choose stork becuase it is small in size.
The ship with the biggest cargohold that can do ore mining is, and will remain, the Hegemon. There will be no solo mining vessels with 3+ish cargo that can basically mine and haul immense loads. The Hege's clumsiness is part of the drawbacks to using the vessel to both mine and haul all in one. The major perk (solo mining) is offset by poor handling.
Solo mining whenever you find time without being dependent on another player: Hegemon

Team Mining: Mafic (has an additional mining bonus)

Where to mine (as an IMG):

Omega 7 [Cobalt => Munich, Ingolstadt; mining: medium risk, hauling: rather safe]
Omega 7 [Silver => Narita]; mining: medium risk, hauling: high risk]
Omega 7 [Copper => Houston]; mining: high risk, hauling: high rist, illegal!]
Dublin [Gold => New York, Detroit; risky mining, medium risk hauling]
Tau 23 [Niobium => New Berlin mining: risky, hauling: risky]

If you want to teammine, look for a faction. It's rather hard these times to find a hauler just by chance. :/ On the other hand, team mining is much safer and more fun.

Jack
' Wrote:The major perk (solo mining) is offset by poor handling.
The Hegemon has awesome handling besides being extremly large and therefore getting stuck in fields quite easily unless flown perfectly.
The IMG will get their own miner in .86 though - I guess that one will be ~2k then?

If you compare the Hegemon and the Golem - the Hegemon is better. It has a CM, a CD (yes, that IS usefull against pirates), 10 turrets (8 forward, 8 backwards, but due to the size they seem to fail in covering the vessel) and the armor is among the best you can get for a transport. The only pirate that is a real threat even to a combat hegemon is a Raba, with it's higher armor, but that ships might lack the firepower due to the lesser core, if it uses Type 1+2.

So, if you don't equip your Hegemon just with Mining Turrets, but instead give it Type 1+2 or Type 3 / STT, and give it a Capital Armor Upgrade Mk IV or higher plus a Hvy. Countermeasure Dropper, you will see that it is a real combat miner with good defenses and a good chance of bringing the ore to it's selling location without losing anything to pirates.

Only three downsides on the Hegemon: Low cargohold, unfortunate shape and it's extremly huge.
I'm curious, what are the highest selling points and values for scrap metal and toxic waste these days?
' Wrote:I'm curious, what are the highest selling points and values for scrap metal and toxic waste these days?

Toxic waste is Dortmund for 300-ish.
Scrap Metal is Fuchu Prison for 2400 (I think...) and Bornholm Depot for 1200 (I think...).

Don't know if there are any higher sale points.
--
On topic:

For a hauler and miner, two in one, get a Hegemon. Everything else doesn't cut it.
Quote:For a hauler and miner, two in one, get a Hegemon. Everything else doesn't cut it.

The hegemon has 2,750 cargo space and is a pain to fly due to it's size.

The golem has 4,700 cargo space and flies rather easily.

I dont get this hegemon promoting, do you all play pirates or something?
Pages: 1 2