Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Smuggling Vs Legal trading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Was thinking about this quite a bit today, and i was just wondering as to the logic behind that... takes quite a bit of luck+skill to smuggle successfully without getting your ass scanned and blown up by cops, and therefore should be rewarded more... shouldnt it?

Trading appears to be much more profitable, which violates the rules of supply and demand, as the harder it is to get hold of a wanted commodity, the more expensive it should be.

I believe the answer is to raise cardie/artifact/counterfeit software/etc sell prices by maybe 10%, in order to reflect the actual value.

Am I completely wrong, slightly wrong, or maybe, just maybe, close to the truth? I await your opinions!
Oh, you're right. It's about the same to smuggle and trade legally, and some legal routes (I'm told, dunno this for fact cuz I never trade on legal routes) are more profitable than smuggling. Of course, I never get scanned, cuz I know how to avoid it.

While we're on it, artifacts need more sell locations, preferably in Kusari, preferably on the Hogosha base. Just a thought.
Agreed it should be more profitable and ONLY allowed for smugglers.

That way there is a reason for people to have a smuggler ID other than as a RP statement.
Thats assuming your only classing moving cardi and arifacts as smuggling.

The brets have laws on moving items to kusari, that they class as smuggling.

So, you kinda need to state whether you mean totally illegal goods (classed as illegal in all four houes) or classed as illegal due to circumstances.
' Wrote:Thats assuming your only classing moving cardi and arifacts as smuggling.

The brets have laws on moving items to kusari, that they class as smuggling.

So, you kinda need to state whether you mean totally illegal goods (classed as illegal in all four houes) or classed as illegal due to circumstances.

Smuggling should be defined as moving goods that the locals would not approve of, that includes the Bret laws and Corsair's dislike of passengers...

But that is ok... just make those routes more profitable than moving the same goods where they are legal... whoops they sort of already are.
Good point, my mistake.

It's the smuggling routes into house space that aren't profitable, or they weren't a year ago.
I agree here. Smuggling should be made more profitable, as it is a dangerous venture to move out with illegal goods. Especially in Rheinland, where we slam you so hard your breathing out of your rear-end if your caught with illegal goods.

Verg
' Wrote:I agree here. Smuggling should be made more profitable, as it is a dangerous venture to move out with illegal goods. Especially in Rheinland, where we slam you so hard your breathing out of your rear-end if your caught with illegal goods.

Verg

Yep smuggling routes through Rhienland should be the most profitable there can be... If only becasue of the risk involved.

Discussions such as this are all good stuff...

I can imagine people setting their alarms to do a few quick runs through Rhienland at the times when there are less RM online. Real smuggling. :D
Recently, Liberty and Bretonia have increased their policing activity - thus making smuggling much harder.

That is why I'd make smuggling runs even more profitable. prices around 4k would be nice, 5 would be bombastic.

Also - some newer smug runs would be nice - Bretonia could use some more attention especially.
Smuggling should be more profitable, but also more dangerous, so I voted none of the above.

Hardly anyone uses the Smuggler ID, instead they are using Trader IDs and smuggling when no one is looking.

It should be illegal on this server to have contraband cargo in your hold without having a Smuggler ID equipped.

Using a Smuggler ID means it is plainly obvious to anyone scanning you what you are. It means lawfuls can attack you weather or not you have hot cargo. Bounty Hunters should be hunting Smugglers wherever they go and hauling them away to prisons in the lawful houses. But they don't even look for them because the way things are now you cant tell who is a smuggler unless they are packing contraband in their hold.

Make Smuggler IDs mandatory if you want to smuggle, then make smuggling runs more profitable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6