Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game search take 3!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay people I've got another sub genre of game I'm looking for.

With all the Skyrim in the air I've been thinking about Oblivion and how lonely it was.

What if you could run around with 2-4 friends as you search ruins for treasure? Sneak about a castle and perform coordinated strikes to remain undetected? Bombard a bandit camp with brilliant display of destructive magic?

All co-op RPG's I've played are basically linear Diablo clones that lack depth. I need more substance!

So does anyone know of any games that have the feel of an Elder Scrolls game (or one of the latest Fallout games) that can be played with a handful of friends?

I did investigate an Oblivion multiplayer mod, but it was only in Alpha stage when the dev stopped working on it.
I don't know of a single sandbox game like oblivion that supports that kind of multiplaying.

About the closest you are going to get are games like X-Men Ultimate Alliance and Dungeon Siege. They are very linear, though, without the ability to create your own classes or wander aimlessley blowing up unsuspecting villages.

The kind of thing you are looking for is pretty much owned by MMORPGs. I can give you some good titles (not wow) if you are interested.
' Wrote:I don't know of a single sandbox game like oblivion that supports that kind of multiplaying.

About the closest you are going to get are games like X-Men Ultimate Alliance and Dungeon Siege. They are very linear, though, without the ability to create your own classes or wander aimlessley blowing up unsuspecting villages.

The kind of thing you are looking for is pretty much owned by MMORPGs. I can give you some good titles (not wow) if you are interested.

Hmm, the thing I find with MMO's is that they lack immersion and are generally quite clunky. Perhaps you know of one that isn't?
There is one and I am playing it.

Lord of the Rings online.

Oh yeah its Free to play and almost all Co-op. Since the PVP factor is dealt with Differently.

Here is an Ingame screenshot of me so you can see the Graphics on this also Rock.

Me in swamp