Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea : ship hire centre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

I want a barge. Don't ask why - I'm not sure I know myself, but it's there, so I want it. The problem is, that they're going on the forum for about 800 odd mill and that's going to take a loooong time for me to get. Then I had an idea. What if I could just hire one for a couple of days?

This got me thinking. What if players could hire out various ship types on a short term lease? Need a battleship for a day? 10 mill. Want a mining vessel for a weekend? 5 mill. Want a fighter to get rid of that pesky pirate? No worries. You'd post on either the ships wanted or ships for sale forums and see what was on offer.

Think about it. How many of you out there have characters that don't get played that much? They could be making money for you rather than just sitting there.

I'm not really sure how the mechanics of it would work (possibly sell it then buy back for less) or if it's already been tried, but I'm sure it could be ironed out.

Whaddya think?
So what happens if I decide to keep your ship or sell it instead of give it back?

Admins will deal with that.

Then what happens if 5 out of 10 people do this?
' Wrote:So what happens if I decide to keep your ship or sell it instead of give it back?

One reason why I wouldn't mind being an Admin, so then I can do all of these credit-making ideas that are high risk and if I get scammed in any shape or form I just handle it there and then.
Damn double post.
' Wrote:So what happens if I decide to keep your ship or sell it instead of give it back?

Good question. Obviously, this will require thought and discussion, but atm, I'm just looking at it as a concept. What happens in other situations where, say, a trade goes bad?

Even then admins -should- bother with it, since it's a 1.2 rule violation, if I remember right.
So it's do-able (I know that's not a real word)?
Maybe Cannon could work out some magic with FLHook. But not now of course, he's too busy I think. For example, command to move char to your account for a day or two and then it automatically goes back to the previous account.
' Wrote:Maybe Cannon could work out some magic with FLHook. But not now of course, he's too busy I think. For example, command to move char to your account for a day or two and then it automatically goes back to the previous account.
Doesn't help you much if the assets have been liquefied, leaving you with a 'Flea and a zero'd bank account.
' Wrote:So it's do-able (I know that's not a real word)?

'doable' is a real word.
--
What jammi said.
Pages: 1 2