Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kill messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It has caused a great deal of confusion, conflict and flaming whenever someone brings up a blue message that says

XXX has been killed by YYY

or

XXX has been destroyed by YYY

I propose we change the message to more accurately reflect Disco game mechanics:

XXX has been disabled by YYY

or

XXX has been put out of commission by YYY

Exactly this was discussed about a week ago. Some good ideas were presented.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=111946
I favour getting rid of the "killed" messages.

Instead of that I'd like to see "XXX has been put out of commission by YYY" instead.

For someone who planet or sun dives, "XXX has committed suicide."

For someone who mines or torps themselves, "XXX has suffered a self inflicted ordinance malfunction."

From a game mechanics viewpoint, the planet/sun dive message might be better as "XXX has been scrapped."
Mr. Moderator, please use the "Search" function before bringing a topic up for discussion.;)
... was neutralized by ... (gun)

Also...

Little girl killed himself. (mine) :nyam:
I still like the Schrodinger's cat thing. We should put that back.
Yes, return to the old messages.

And make Mercs change their standard /l3 ("and stay dead this time") =)

Destroying ships is enough... not necessary to claim that you "killed" someone when you can never achieve that in reality (Disco mechanism).

' Wrote:Yes, return to the old messages.

And make Mercs change their standard /l3 ("and stay dead this time") =)

Destroying ships is enough... not necessary to claim that you "killed" someone when you can never achieve that in reality (Disco mechanism).
Agreed. "Neutralized" or "Destroyed" work fine.
Put out of action
I liked this thread when it was created by Snak3;
now it's just too mainstream.

Doesn't really matter what kind of message would appear if it would be colored blue;
But I want the kittie back too.
Pages: 1 2 3