Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber experts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, next stage in my Disco development appears to be a Roc, any suggestions as to most appropriate loadouts.

RP will be FL but with lawful leanings so if it develops indie it will be a lawful faction.
Full EMP, Nuke Mine, SNAC, Mosquito CD
SNAC and TCD. Nukes or Screamer (depends on your style of fighting), I would go with nukes though, besides the SNAC it's really the only dangerous thing against another snub.
I would also go with 4 EMP cannons, since energy ones are meh for getting hull down in my opinion.

EDIT: Not that Screamer imnes are wonderful to take down GB shields, the SNAC way might be effective, too, but drains to much energy and till it reloads the GB shield is probalby up again.
Screamer not Swatter
Note that, as a general rule of thumb, EMP guns shouldn't be your go to weapon for downing shields. The SNAC is vastly more efficient. EMP guns come into play against fighters and gunboats for ideally draining the former and removing the regeneration of either.

But for initial shield damage to anything of GB size or larger you'll be well served by just chucking blue at them.

EMP hull busters are usually ignored as they rarely find relevance outside of encounters with 1-2 types of loadouts/ships which retain just a smidgen of health following a snac strike.

EMP mines -can- be useful. If they hit. But I'm a failure with mines and have never been able to glean much use out of them.
Try to wiggle around the GB at a reasonable distance and drop mines at it. Do it when behing infront of ot, while dogding and in the worst case you can still use cds.
Uhm. I use 4 EMPs, Nukes, TCD and Snac.

As both of my Rocs obtain IDs allowing them to pirate others around Sirius, I focus mainly on shooting transports and snubs. The aformentioned loadout fits best in anti-fighter/bomber combat (Except for the mines mayhaps, since my skills and willingness to imrpove in such are low indeed). EMPs provide quick shield failures on enemy vessel and a Snac is always a surprise. There's people without shield jousting a bomber all over the place. Work on your aim in order to effectively instapwn any kind of snub.
Why is 4 EMP rather than 2 + 2 Bomber Energy Cannon used?

With 4 EMP you only have the SNAC and mine doing hull damage, does that not leave you a sitting duck with fighters?
' Wrote:Why is 4 EMP rather than 2 + 2 Bomber Energy Cannon used?

With 4 EMP you only have the SNAC and mine doing hull damage, does that not leave you a sitting duck with fighters?

Hitting fighters with energy cannons and actually relying on that isn't a good idea. If you can't take down a fighter with a SNAC and mines ( considering hull only here ) after a reasonable amount of time you should think about retreating from the fight, if you are not eager to get a blue message on you.
Energy cannons are ineffective against hull. They're simply too slow to hit anything below gunboat. Full EMPs for good shield damage, SNAC for hull( If you can snipe fighter), Screamers, few of those can down gunboat shield fast, Train CD.
Pages: 1 2