Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello, Discovery!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So. I just downloaded Discovery and have been playing the open SP for a few hours, but I'm wondering how to connect to the multiplayer and if I do, is this going to be one of those games where everyone just tries to kill me because I'm new? :\ I just want to be able to do something new without having people constantly kill me like in many other online games. As for helping me connect to multiplayer, please talk like your teaching someone who's horrible with computers, because I pretty much am xD And one last question, do I have to put the diffuculty scale back to 1 in the PerfOptions.ini, or is leaving that at .50 going to get me booted from the server?

Thanks for any help.
it is agianst our rules to kill anyone with a civ id under lvl 30. So you would do fine....
Welcome. Changing the diff scale wouldn't effect your online experience, I guess. And its the right place for you if what you are looking for is something new without having people constantly kill me like in many other online games.

To be able to connect the server, if you have the mod activated, right click on the FL shortcut, hit properties and then insert this "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s82.113.48.5:2302
into the target field there as the gloabal server is down.
Welcome to Discovery!

In order to add to what Kress said, there already is such a shortcut in your Freelancer folder. It comes with the mod installation. Go to your folder ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\" should do it) and search for the file "discovery freelancer rp". That one takes you to the RP server when choosing multiplayer.

Oh, and you might be interested in the server rules (here!) and Xoria's immensely useful post for Disco beginners (here!)
Both of it is not only a good read but also quite necessary for playing on this server.
refused PM me your ingame nick and ill contact you and give you some starting cash, enough to keep you under lvl 29 so you will be still safe from others attacks

Well, unless you try to start a faction, people are generaly nice...if you start a faction though...we act like antibodies.:P
But, seriously, You'll be decently treated, probably get recruited by like, 273 factions, and not even before you leave NY....do leave NY, its better away from there.
here is one very useful link

all you need to know is there

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8574
welcome, enjoy discovery and beware of communist penguins yeah
Holy crap o_o; I've never seen that many replies so quickly! Thanks for all the help. Unfortunatly, while I came up here to check the replies, I neglected my beef & peppers for my ramen and burnt them, so I'll be a bit longer getting online while I figure out what to eat for dinner :unsure:
Welcome, to the forums, mate!

While you are figuring out what to eat, might I suggest recooking the beef and peppers in a sauce of some sort?

Might taste good.

Good luck, and Godspeed,
elgato.
Pages: 1 2