Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wiki suggestions and feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Post here any suggestions for the wiki (including possible extensions that you'd like installed), and/or constructive feedback. I will try to answer any posts as soon as possible.
We need Captcha for Wiki account registration, to filter out the spam bots, if possible.
There ought to be some janitorial work done on aging pages, especially with regards to contacting faction heads to update their pages. Not exactly critical, but something that would definitely improve wiki quality by a significant amount.
' Wrote:We need Captcha for Wiki account registration, to filter out the spam bots, if possible.
Already done. See the Spam Alert! thread.

' Wrote:There ought to be some janitorial work done on aging pages, especially with regards to contacting faction heads to update their pages. Not exactly critical, but something that would definitely improve wiki quality by a significant amount.
We have a template for that: {{Outdated}}. Ideally, all wiki editors can help us by marking any out of date pages (that are not marked as {{Historical}} already) with the {{Outdated}} template. Those can then be visible in this category: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Outdated and followed up by somebody.
' Wrote:We need Captcha for Wiki account registration, to filter out the spam bots, if possible.
As someone who trolls blackhat forums often, I can tell you CAPCHA decoding is included in most wiki spambots.
not sure if it is correct here. but i can upload images as it should.. but i cannot view it. so i think the server itself is rejecting the upload. the wiki say its uploaded, but it seems its not. Anyone same problem here?
(01-09-2013, 01:59 PM)Duvelske Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if it is correct here. but i can upload images as it should.. but i cannot view it. so i think the server itself is rejecting the upload. the wiki say its uploaded, but it seems its not. Anyone same problem here?
The issue seems to be something else entirely; the images seem to be uploaded just fine, but all file pages that I've had a look at so far (including your most recent upload earlier today) are returning 404s (i.e. not loading) when I try to open them. I'll ask around and attempt to find out what's happened here a bit later.

EDIT: Embedding your image using [[File:Barrel_Roll.png]] will work as expected, by the way.

EDIT2: Fixed.
We need to find a better way to prevent idiots from using accounts to post useless crap.

Apparently my Wiki account (Which I use to tweak the Coalition/SCRA Pages as well as individual pages in SCRA) was banned because SOMEBODY somehow used it's IP Address.
(01-09-2013, 11:39 PM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]We need to find a better way to prevent idiots from using accounts to post useless crap.

Apparently my Wiki account (Which I use to tweak the Coalition/SCRA Pages as well as individual pages in SCRA) was banned because SOMEBODY somehow used it's IP Address.
PM sent.

EDIT: Fixed.
Pages: 1 2