Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Player Banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Altejago, you are banned from the forums and game for a month. We tried to get you to take a break, but you didnt seem to really want to. Now you have forced us to force you to take a break.

Admin link: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=112673
Well, feel free to ban me for contacting you in regards to this,

But I need my say as I have every right to defend myself.

It's taken you this long, after I finally sort my crap out and you ban me? Bravo

I'm not going to bother to justify my actions to you, you guys really couldn't care less the real life circumstances behind my actions.

However you must be aware that I do have a mental instability problem, and that does include severe depression and bi-polar disorders. My reaction to a certain admin I feel that was abusing his powers really pissed me off, considering no matter what, I was always going to lose. Like a cop, will likely get away with anything if it's only his word being listened too.

I finally get stuff sorted. Fixed my medication, changed my focus on things. I even just leave the PC when crap gets too much. And now, after all the dust has settled, you go and blow your little lungs out to raise the dust again. Good on you.

You admins are very slowly losing faith, the lack of .86, and your inability to maintain server rules and sanctions that the many people submit just accumulates and people are left feeling neglected and walked over such as myself and the offenders continue to this day to repeat offend.

A few of you admins I have a little respect for, but you Joe.... my god... the restraint I hold in explaining exactly what I think of you. Your tirade of insults you pass about players on a regular bases is astounding.

Again, must be that admins thing, thinking he can get away with it.

So, you've laid your hand and banned me for the holidays, again bravo to you. Just reiterates exactly how useless you guys really are. Couldn't have banned me when I was ill? Nope, too useless to make a decision that early.

Couldn't take a look as to why a member such as myself went off the rails? Nope, to useless to consider that there might be something wrong with one of yours.

The only people I can thank are Alvin for reaching out and trying to figure out how to fix things. I explained to him in depth what was up.

Quote:[10/11/2011 9:35:40 a.m.] Altejago: I have no real excuse, but the reasoning behind most of this is an imbalance I have mentally. I recently started back on medication and it screwed my head pretty proper, and the particular drugs I was destabilized my moods pretty bad. I've been with Sarah (Widow) for over a year now and she hasn't seen me like this before, so to take have taken a step back and let myself regather and see what is happening, it's made me realise the pills weren't helping in the least.

There is some in game stuff I am having troubles dealing with, most of it is pure disagreement of postions, some of it is sincere belief that some person/s are sabotaging something I have dedicated a lot of time into.

Disco has been the biggest thing in my life this year, and as sad as it might seem, but I felt good exercising my brain into something as constructive as the roleplay here rather than face the gloom that is my existance at the moment. I suffer pretty bad depression, and Disco made me forget all the bad in my life.

So to have something I cherished so much, DSE) being the main thing, tampered with by people I trusted as well as the combination of mixed drugs and hard times in my personal life, I kinda had lost it. I've since stopped taking the medication, preferring to remain miserable over unstable, but it still leaves me feeling particularly resentful about a few of the situations that have cropped up in this last 14 odd days.

He went out of his way to talk to me and figure out what was going wrong. Thanks man, I actually value you as a real moderator. Not some power hungry moron like the rest seem to be.

But Joe... Joe, Joe, Joe.... The time you threatened to liquidize my faction because we didn't want to be associate with a power mongering, hypocritical upstuck kinda guy really crossed the line. If there was ever an enemy for me to have in this community, it's you. Just last night you insulted the DSE) Chief of Departments

::skypechat snip:: -Burg

In which you not only insulted him behind his back, but also offended my partner whom you should know is this 'twatnuggets' boss/friend. So what if your sanctions don't work, he decided to roleplay in a game that is purely roleplay. What an outstanding member of the administration team you are. So glad to have you to rely on. Not.

So when ya done feeling good about thinking you've done a job right, maybe get your crap together and solve the issues that lead to a veteran member like me losing the plot with certain idiots this community has.

On the other foot, thanks for the support the rest of you have shown me. Your help and guidance has made me feel better about being here in this community.

With a pride you cannot subdue,

See you in a month

~Altejago~
Joe was not part of this decision, nor was this decision made as a response of comments you made towards Joe. There were plenty other forum rule violations you have made in the past two months against a very wide range of community members. You even elected to take a week off, enforced via tempban, but then you made an alt account and continued anyway, despite yourself even wanting that week off and a tempban being given to help you in doing so.
Well, I certainly think your a bit biased in this decision Dab due to the fact you tried to put your foot down too and I defied you also.

I was temp banned for a week, not as a punishment but an aid to help me calm down and get my feet grounded. It was asked if I'd like it to happen, I agreed. Then when I wasn't able too rectify peoples misconception of the way I run things and how the events transpired to warrant the crap that developed, I used an alternative account to ensure I made my point. Sure, slap me on the wrist for that, but what you need to realise is that the ban was not a punishment, but a requested action. Therefore circumventing it is not an offence considering I was not banned for punitive measures. If it is, label me the exact rule that states a non-reprimanditive action is counted as a punitive measure, therefore my circumventing a request of temp-ban for my own sake is not one to be made punishable for. And when you did temp ban me for that one day, Dabbykins, I did not post at all. So really you are punishing me for something that was A: Not publically posted at all and B: not against rules to circumvent non-punitive temp-bans. If so, show me the exact rule that states that and justify it.

So no, I believe this is a player influenced ban, in hopes to stick one back at me after the dust settled. Bravo guys, bravo.

The fact of the matter is that you have merely just posted:

Quote:Altejago, you are banned from the forums and game for a month. We tried to get you to take a break, but you didnt seem to really want to. Now you have forced us to force you to take a break.

No reasoning, no what fors and your blatant refusal to allow me to defend myself.
As a member of this community whether you like it or not, I deserve the same respect anyone else gets. Failing to do so is failing your jobs as 'moderators'. At the moment you are acting like a bunch of censorship police eager to stiffle any raising of dust done by your own.

I deserve what I am being punished for with out a doubt, but I also deserve the charges you are punishing me for being laid out here in this sanction report, so we can all understand why you've banned me and make it perfectly clear why you deem such behaviours 'unacceptable'. A little compasion from the ones who know what I am talking about goes a long way. As it is, I think most of you are just gun-slinging power rangers thriving on being able to have control over others.

Further more you've made the mistake of not only banning my IP, therefore punishing Sarah in all this as well, you have effectively crippled two factions because of your own inability (and laziness) to ban my accounts only and this shows forth the exact mentallity your administration team are displaying of late.

So to sum it up,

A: You've failed to figure out why a respected member of this community had flipped the coin, and therefore judge only on the things you choose to see IE the outbursts on the forums. Not once did anyone directly related to this incident stop to figure out why this has gone down, just took it at face value and jumped at the opportunity to swing your ban hammer.

B: You've punished Sarah in not allowing her to run DSE) effectively as you have frozen all assets of DSE) [As we are the leaders, and you have banned our IP, no one can access the company assets]
And I see this threat made by Joe coming to light:
::skypechat snip:: -Burg

You're right Joe, you did nothing. But your pals sure did. God, I would have loved to have been in on your administration conversation regarding this ban, and what was left out when this came to light. And further more, when Jess caught you slandering a player last night, one we so happen to enjoy working with in our company, it's convenient she is unable to use anything we built up the day after. Shame on you all, she was as much a victim in this as the next poor person caught in the crossfire and yet you ban her too.

You know, I bought her a brand new computer last night so she can finally come online and play Disco again, and you banned our IP. She did nothing wrong other than to catch good ol' Jimbo out and this is the result. Blatant laziness to respect members of this community and brazen attempts to aggravate a settled situation.

And how eager you are to shut me up just further more dictates the lengths you go to to make sure gripes against you all are covered up. Even at the expense of people not directly involved.

Again, no confidence in the administration team.
I'd show you what you got banned for if the posts weren't invisible. I filed one of the reports after all.

But since I can't, let me begin with something of a fundamental belief of mine.

Quote:I'm not going to bother to justify my actions to you, you guys really couldn't care less the real life circumstances behind my actions.

However you must be aware that I do have a mental instability problem, and that does include severe depression and bi-polar disorders.

The truth is that I couldn't give a monkeys what mental or physical disorders you suffer from. For all you know, I could suffer from paranoid megalomania, anxiety attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder. I suffer from none of those, but you wouldn't know because you never asked, being so caught up in your own problems as you are. So caught up that you ignore the possibility that others might have their own problems, that to them, are just as bad as yours are to you.

The bottom line here is that I, like anyone else, refuse to deal with your personal issues. Those issues are just that, personal, and they shouldn't be offloaded on to others just because you can't get a grip and remain in control of your own actions. Nobody should have to put up with the fallout of someone too unstable to converse properly or obey the rules, that are need I mention, the same for everybody regardless of your problems.

Quote:My reaction to a certain admin I feel that was abusing his powers really pissed me off, considering no matter what, I was always going to lose. Like a cop, will likely get away with anything if it's only his word being listened too.

I finally get stuff sorted. Fixed my medication, changed my focus on things. I even just leave the PC when crap gets too much. And now, after all the dust has settled, you go and blow your little lungs out to raise the dust again. Good on you.

It's not their decision to ban you, it's your decision to break the rules. Their job is a reactionary one, but I appreciate you trying to blame others for your own faults and garner support as the apparent "victim" at the same time as pulling the disability card.

Quote:But Joe... Joe, Joe, Joe.... The time you threatened to liquidize my faction because we didn't want to be associate with a power mongering, hypocritical upstuck kinda guy really crossed the line. If there was ever an enemy for me to have in this community, it's you.

What do you think an FR5 by [LN] against DSE would've done? Im pretty sure it would've killed the faction, so you should be thanking your lucky stars you were given the chance to hand over premiership to somebody capable of controlling themselves.

Let me be clear, it wasn't a threat, it was what was going to happen. You want to make your faction cut ties with Liberty and start shooting at the Navy? Sure, you do that, and see what happens. If you control yourself for enough time to think clearly, you might see the inevitability of that too.

Speaking on that, I believe that it was you who took an inRP issue concerning [LN]s actions against the Junkers Congress to an OORP issue concerning a conspiracy against you and everything you apparently built.

As for Joe "insulting" a DSE member behind his back, why on earth should we have to deal with something inRP when it should be submitted as a sanction report? It happens, and continues to happen, why exactly? It's not just DSE members, but a lot of other people too, who submit something inRP which is sanctionable material, thereby offloading the responsibility of a sanction and the work involved in filing one on to us.

But actually, I know exactly what you're doing. It's called clutching at straws.

Quote:So when ya done feeling good about thinking you've done a job right, maybe get your crap together and solve the issues that lead to a veteran member like me losing the plot with certain idiots this community has.

Comments like these are exactly why you got banned. The point of insulting somebody is what? Nobody needs to explain why you got banned when you are putting it on display for everyone to see.

I also like your use of the apparent fact that you are a "veteran member" (to gain the authority such a status would give you) while arguing that there is a conspiracy against you (which is what newer members do). Seems to me like there's a bit of an oxymoron in there somewhere.

Quote:I was temp banned for a week, not as a punishment but an aid to help me calm down and get my feet grounded. It was asked if I'd like it to happen, I agreed. Then when I wasn't able too rectify peoples misconception of the way I run things and how the events transpired to warrant the crap that developed, I used an alternative account to ensure I made my point. Sure, slap me on the wrist for that, but what you need to realise is that the ban was not a punishment, but a requested action. Therefore circumventing it is not an offence considering I was not banned for punitive measures. If it is, label me the exact rule that states a non-reprimanditive action is counted as a punitive measure, therefore my circumventing a request of temp-ban for my own sake is not one to be made punishable for. And when you did temp ban me for that one day, Dabbykins, I did not post at all. So really you are punishing me for something that was A: Not publically posted at all and B: not against rules to circumvent non-punitive temp-bans. If so, show me the exact rule that states that and justify it.

This isn't really my business, but from what they said here, your request for a ban didn't have any impact on the presence of a new one, or its length.

Quote:No reasoning, no what fors and your blatant refusal to allow me to defend myself.
As a member of this community whether you like it or not, I deserve the same respect anyone else gets. Failing to do so is failing your jobs as 'moderators'. At the moment you are acting like a bunch of censorship police eager to stiffle any raising of dust done by your own.

Respect is not given, it is earned. I'd venture to say you lost mine when you made it clear that you were racist against Asian people. While we're posting selections of skype comments:

Speaking of censorship, Ima just snip the skypechat outta here. -Burg

Swings and roundabouts my man. I can give as good as I get.

As for your other points here, you're defending yourself by being allowed to make those posts without them being deleted. After all, if they were really censoring you, you would actually be censored, right?

Quote:Further more you've made the mistake of not only banning my IP, therefore punishing Sarah in all this as well, you have effectively crippled two factions because of your own inability (and laziness) to ban my accounts only and this shows forth the exact mentallity your administration team are displaying of late.

Using your partner as a weapon shows just how far you will go to further your own ends. It says enough about you to others to know that you are one person to avoid. Then again, captains need to go down with their ship, no matter how good the captain or how bad the ship.
Posting here as I am banned from this as well as all our damn company's ships ( DSE) ), and I don't see why I cant.

Quote:Using your partner as a weapon shows just how far you will go to further your own ends. It says enough about you to others to know that you are one person to avoid. Then again, captains need to go down with their ship, no matter how good the captain or how bad the ship.

That is not what he is doing, I got banned - for what I first thought was either saying something to someone that I shouldnt have - conversation Alte posted of the Joe/DSE) incident - or someones' twisted idea of amusement - At the moment I wouldnt put it past anyone. And am rightfully peeved about it. I have just got the PC that is able to play FL, after not being able to for months and months, this PC and the thought of actually being able to log into FL got me through two 12 hour days of hand sanding a truck. I hurt in places that shouldnt exist, and am exhausted, to top it off.... I come home to this.

I am over it. No matter how hard I try in this game I always get the... lets just say muddy... end of the stick.

Quote:thanking your lucky stars you were given the chance to hand over premiership to somebody capable of controlling themselves.

He didnt hand it over to anyone, yes, it is common knowledge I am acting president, acting being key word. I was told to look after the company while he was taking a break from everything, and because the ties to the government would add fuel to the fire.

Quote:As for Joe "insulting" a DSE member behind his back, why on earth should we have to deal with something inRP when it should be submitted as a sanction report?

Take this rediculously timed sanction as an example. If anything gets done about the report at all, it is months too late. He was trying to deal with something, inRP, because this is a RP game, at least, it use to be. It seems in my time away that has changed somewhat. Anyway, doesn't it say in the sanction template thing to ask your self the following?
  • Is this person clearly just a new player who doesn’t know better yet?
What is to say, he did not know this player was not a new one who did not know any better, gave the information to who he did in hopes of it getting sorted out. Its not like new players have *I'M NEW* stamped across their ships. There is no need for anyone to call anyone names when someone is doing what they thought was right.

As it stands, that is not the reason of the sanction, so back to relevant things.

Quote:you made it clear that you were racist against Asian people

DSE) and Kusari had some problems. That was a comment - an inside joke that became habit when referring to Kusari - Seriously, it is a game. My Aunty is Asian, and Cliff has no problems with her, I have a very very small amount in me, amongst multiple others. And guess what. We are in a relationship. Does that sound like a problem and/or racism? Know the facts before you start accusing people of that.

Quote:You've punished Sarah in not allowing her to run DSE) effectively as you have frozen all assets of DSE) [As we are the leaders, and you have banned our IP, no one can access the company assets]

Is what it comes down to. I would like to see the DSE) ships unbanned, check the roster if you need to know who has what, and I would like my accounts unbanned also. I will sort this out tomorrow, if it can be done at all.

I shouldn't get punished when I have done nothing at all wrong, because someone didnt check first. Its not hard to find out what accounts are mine and what are Altes. You could have asked me if you didnt want to look. Dont even try to tell me you didnt know, most of the admins, or enough of them to tell the rest, know that we live together, therefore have the same IP address.

Next time, can you time the sanction with the incident, things had been sorted. Not only am I currently banned for no reason at all, if I get unbanned before the month (Im not actually counting on it happening) I have to wait a month to play the game with my boyfriend.

Thanks heaps for that.
I can't say I'm surprised about that response. There isn't much to respond to though.

Quote:DSE) and Kusari had some problems. That was a comment - an inside joke that became habit when referring to Kusari - Seriously, it is a game. My Aunty is Asian, and Cliff has no problems with her, I have a very very small amount in me, amongst multiple other races. And guess what. We are in a relationship. Does that sound like a problem and/or racism? Know the facts before you start accusing people of that.

I can show you the skype log that got snipped out of here if you like. Certainly didn't sound like he was just talking about the game.

I'm not sure what else can be said, because some is directed to the admins, whereas the rest would just become an argument of perspectives.
I was in the skype chat. I saw what was said.

Edit: I said what was needed in Skype. Cant be bothered arguing my point any more.

Now, before I start raging, because apparently I am not very nice when I am mad. I am just going to leave it for now, and deal with this stupidly frustrating situation tomorrow.
Ok thats enough of that. Connor, please leave the thread, you are not needed here.

Widow, please PM me a list of the accounts that belong to you or DSE group accounts, I will work on getting it straightened out for you.

That said, yes, this sanction took a little while, it was 10 days from the last offending post to the day the sanction was given. Was this too long? Probably, but we in the admin team are only human. Most of us are involved in some way in 486 development, and as you know, we are getting close to the end, and so work is going at a breakneck pace. Beyond that, we are all of course human, and real life things do come up, and it is sometimes hard to deal with things as swiftly as we would like to. I actually prefer that to acting with haste, which also has it's own set of downsides. End of the day, we try to make sure we have a group consensus among the admins before levying long term bans like this one. It does take time.

None of that removes responsibility from individuals to act in accordance with the rules of this community. Alte, you broke those rules. You may have felt wronged, you may have been wronged, it doesnt matter, there is a proper behave on this forum, and just because someone feels wronged does not remove the individual responsibility to act in accordance with the rules of the community.

Now, on to the fact that you feel the staff didn't try to deal with it earlier. We did, Alvin was speaking to you, trying to deal with it on behalf of the team. He asked to be the one to talk to you about, because he felt he would be best suited for it, we agreed. He talked to you, you said a ban for a week would help, he told me, I placed the ban. We as a team discussed the situation many times. Alvin was just the point man. No point in all of us talking to you individually, that would have gotten nothing done.

Now a final personal note. When I was younger, I did a lot of protesting of different things. If I was 10 years younger I would probably be out somewhere Occupying something. When I started participating in large protests, my father sat me down and had a talk with me. He said he thought it was wonderful that I was standing up for what I saw as injustices, but that I had to understand that while that was noble and worthwhile, it was very possible that I was going to break laws in protesting things, and if I did, I had to stand up and take the consequences that would bring. That if I felt so strongly about the injustice, I would have to accept the punishment and consequences of my actions. That just because I was doing right, did not mean I didnt have to follow the same rules as everyone else, and face the same consequences as anyone else if I broke those rules. Same thing seems to apply here. I am not going to get into an argument of who is right and who is wrong, because to me it doesn't really matter, Your argument, and message got lost in the way you tried to make it. Cursing and insulting people are not acceptable behaviors on this forum, no matter what the situation. You did the crime, now you must do the time.

Widow, as I said, pm me a list of accounts that are yours, or DSEs, and I will try and get them unblocked for you.

Quote: It has been 28 days from my date of ban (4th of Decemeber, 2011), that would make today (1st/2nd of January, 2012) 28 days from the beginning of my ban, one standard month.

Would be appreciated that you unban my sorry behind so I can move on with things that matter.

Regards

Altejago