Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Possibly the wierdest idea ever got in my mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all it is a really raw idea and all but i thought sharing it with the others never hurt.

We talk about player controlled economy and stuff right? Well lets make things a bit more interesting. Just imagine it a Sirius wide cataclysm like a super strong ion storm or something else wipes out a lots of systems and stuff. All faction has heavy losses large amount of bases are fully down many systems are cut of from the rest of Sirius and the only way to go there is the newly developed jump technology.

From this poit player owned space stations gonna get much more role. We have a lots of uncolonized systems again and a race seems to getting started for resources and territory. Factions are still the same but they have a lot less bases and all. They start to explore and build new stations. The basic but extendable station models cost a lot and there are several additional parts for stations. Maybe it can remove some weight from the devs 'coz they don't need to worry any more about the balanced trade routes. We gonna have a lot less space stations but this new begging can give maybe much more opportunity to RP. A lots of the JGs are out of service or completly a wreck many stations too. Only the really important ones are functioning. Yes it has some X:Rebirth feeling.

Some ideas how to balance it:

-Really expencive basic space stations and you need to upgrade the or you can't attach other modules to them.
-A bit cheaper but still expencive additional modules for stations. They can have different rolls like: producing "X" kind of ware or defending additional power supply, shielding...
-basic models are undestructible they have only downtime the rest is destructible but still require some heavy fire power to take it out especially if it has shields and maybe armor upgrades too.

In my imagination we have a lot less stations around Sirius but they're much bigger then the current ones, there is still war between the houses or it is much brutal now. Nomads streghtened again and gained control over several previously human sectors. In some abandoned sectors we still can find derelict station, battleship or a few other ship wrecks. Prices on stations built by players can be set by players but they must provide the money too for their station or it can't buy goods from traders. As i think in the first few months we gonna see a lots of empty systems and miners and pirates and to prevent Sirius from over populating with stations a nuber of maximum stations in a system can be set.

Some additional features:

Basic station models like those small station modells or the border station modells can allow only small ships to dock fighters and small freighters, no more 10times bigger BS docking on a border station. If a faction wants hes station to be able to hadle bigger ships they must purchase and attach a big outside docking platform or something like that. Or if they want to allow bigger cargo ships to dock they they must get a mooring fixture.

This whole idea removes the need of the JGs 'coz almost all of them are out of sevice and possibly gonna be reused in some other constructions they not needed any more due to the jumpdrive.

One more thing: Maybe stations can have a spherical area around them where NPC patroles randomly spawning. The size of this area and the number and streght of the NPCs can depend on the tipe of the station. Small ones can have maybe 6K a medium siezed can be around 7-8K and the big can get a 10 or maybe 12K.

Any thoughts, criticism? I know this never gonna happen but it was fun to think about such a thing.
I am afraid ,its gonna R*p* the whole storyline and balance, so dont think so it happens, but mate you can still share and think about such ideas , good luck:)
Expensive*
A big Ion storm strikes, that destroys systems, but we're still having 208 Osirises, launching from one, maybe two bases.

Hardly.

It's a good idea, but doesn't fit this universe.
' Wrote:A big Ion storm strikes, that destroys systems, but we're still having 208 Osirises, launching from one, maybe two bases.

Hardly.

It's a good idea, but doesn't fit this universe.

Yup that was a thing what came in to my mind later...i know it's never gonna happen but just for fun lets say it happens. The first thing needed to be done is to restrict anything bigger then a GB hardly. And make a capship request thread where only those can apply who not just have some background but also have the support of other players. So the admins or anyone else who handle this can use multiple things to make his/her decision.
It would cost invaders next to nothing to destroy a station (as they respawn), while costing the station owner huge amounts of credits.
I do like the idea, I like all that doomsday sort of thing, but it doesn't really fit into Discovery, however if you have the dedication you could always incorporate it into your own mod!