Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hiya
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess you could consider me new, I was playing Free Lancer Discovery on LAN with my nephew and his friend like a year ago. Just recently decided to give online a try to see how it is, though I do have some questions about the server.

1.How hard would it be for me to get into the RP aspect of the game? I've never really RP'd in my whole life:P

2.I have 3 computers in my house and, depending on whether or not they'd wanna play online, is there any special rules or anything we'd have to follow?

3.I've played with caps during my time with LAN, has it been/will the physics be fixed? A big rig being tossed about by a fly isn't fun at all :/

4.When I use the /restart command to say restart as a Gallic civilian, do I need any type of permissions from anyone?

5.In LAN I had that program for server management, thus giving my unlimited amounts of money, so money wasn't an issue and buying 50-100+mill ships was nothing. But since I'll be starting out with just a simple ship and little money, how hard would it be to scrounge up enough money to get a decent boat?

I think that's it, unless you want to ask any questions of me. If so then just PM me or reply here, I'll most likely be checking this all night till freelancer finishes downloading.
Welcome mate ,Read Rules have fun:)
Cya in Space
' Wrote:I guess you could consider me new, I was playing Free Lancer Discovery on LAN with my nephew and his friend like a year ago. Just recently decided to give online a try to see how it is, though I do have some questions about the server.

1.How hard would it be for me to get into the RP aspect of the game? I've never really RP'd in my whole life:P

2.I have 3 computers in my house and, depending on whether or not they'd wanna play online, is there any special rules or anything we'd have to follow?

3.I've played with caps during my time with LAN, has it been/will the physics be fixed? A big rig being tossed about by a fly isn't fun at all :/

4.When I use the /restart command to say restart as a Gallic civilian, do I need any type of permissions from anyone?

5.In LAN I had that program for server management, thus giving my unlimited amounts of money, so money wasn't an issue and buying 50-100+mill ships was nothing. But since I'll be starting out with just a simple ship and little money, how hard would it be to scrounge up enough money to get a decent boat?

I think that's it, unless you want to ask any questions of me. If so then just PM me or reply here, I'll most likely be checking this all night till freelancer finishes downloading.

1 - Just make a ship and act as if you are not a person sitting behind a PC, but a pilot in space. It comes along in time.

2 - Don't fly multiple ships at once ALONE. It's considered cheating and contrary to popular belief, it is quite easy to notice when it is happening.

3 - Nope. Ramming barges in fighters is still my favourite past-time.

4 - No. A Gallic civillian does not need any permission to be in Gallia, etc. Some restrictions apply if a Sirian guy decides to go visit his frog-eating relatives, however. You will find this out soon enough I suppose. Kusari and Bretonia are at war, so are Liberty and Rheinland.

5 - Ask high levels. There is a chance that many of them will not know English at all ( for some reason on a RP server, but whetever ), but someone will point yo into the right direction regards to making money. You have 3 ways ingame:
1 - pirate
2 - trade/mine
3 - kill other stuff for money

In the end it boils down to what you enjoy most. I suggest you start trading with a small ship and work up, but that's just me.

Other than that, use common sense, read the rules ( in the rules section of the forum ) and have fun.
Yeah as for making money I was thinking of mining, sounds interesting and reminds me of Eve onl-zzzzzzzz:PThank you for the information.

One other question I was thinking of while looking at the mining ships, the Salvager class ship can use gunboat type weaponry. Would I be considered a threat if I equipped it with 1 mining laser and 5 GB turrets for defense?

(just noticed I said 'money' 4 times in question 5 haha)
no. the non-retarded pilots use regular guns for defense with one or two mining turrets instead of 8 mining turrets which couldn't take down a tradelane in 3 minutes.
[Image: ou39qu.jpg]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]koske

Welcome to the disco server, read rules and enjoy your stay here. For more informations contact Angels in space or in forum via PM.

Server Angels are there to help new people with Roll Play, rules and everything that could be a problem to new player regarding disco server and it play.

~[The_Angels]koske
Welcome. You did a good choice be joining our community which is the largest FL community so far, and I hope it stays that way. Have fun.
Welcome aboard, let's hope you have some really good fun here !
Thank you all for the warm welcome, hate to say it but I have ONE more question haha.

To get the Salvager class ship I need to travel to Puerto Rico, to the shipyard Vieques. It's owned by the Junker guard which seem to have connection with the Junkers, the problem is I have hostile reputation with the Junker Guard but I'm friendly with the Junkers. I'm a bit confused as I have both positive and negative reputation with, at least going by the wiki, the same faction.
You only need to be friendly to Junkers to fly the Salvager, BUT you need to use a Junker ID.

Take a look at the Tech Chart to see what ships/guns can be used with what IDs.
Pages: 1 2